Why did my fanfic get removed?

Luke kun

Reaction score
I did a very cool one with emoticons being used as the characters' names. But it got taken down a few minutes after I posted it! Why did it get taken down?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I Think the powers that be do not necessarily care for fics that use a lot of emoticons. Some may be fine, but not every time you mention a Muppet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It got removed because of two reasons.
1 Using the Muppet smilies we have here to represent a particular when speaking is fine and well in an RPG setting, but not so in a fic. It is unnecessary to represent character dialogue as the respective smilies personified by said characters since that kind of thing doesn't read well as a fic.
2 The second reason it got deleted is because your fic wasn't really a fanfic as much as it was a role-playing game (RPG) thinly veiled as a fanfic. As such, that circumvents the protocol for a new game's creation. If you have an idea for a game, that's what the Game Suggestions thread is for, which will then lead to a discussion as to whether the game you propose should/could be started by a member of the staff.

Thanks for understanding, and have a good day.

Luke kun

Reaction score
It got removed because of two reasons.
1 Using the Muppet smilies we have here to represent a particular when speaking is fine and well in an RPG setting, but not so in a fic. It is unnecessary to represent character dialogue as the respective smilies personified by said characters since that kind of thing doesn't read well as a fic.
2 The second reason it got deleted is because your fic wasn't really a fanfic as much as it was a role-playing game (RPG) thinly veiled as a fanfic. As such, that circumvents the protocol for a new game's creation. If you have an idea for a game, that's what the Game Suggestions thread is for, which will then lead to a discussion as to whether the game you propose should/could be started by a member of the staff.

Thanks for understanding, and have a good day.
Thanks! Where can I post RPGs with smilies?