Why did Dave Goelz only appear a few times?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
As the topic says, why did one of the funniest preformers only appear a very few times on Sesame Street? And I only know of three, the Elephant Elevator Operator, Pino[Who I beleive should come back more], and the China Store owner.

Did Dave not like Sesame Street or something?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think probably Jim wanted to keep some of his main puppeteers free to do other projects. Because Jerry and Richard were always having to juggle a bunch of projects like Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and the various movies.

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah, and I think it was the same with Steve. When he first started out (late 70s?), he thought he was gonna be on SST, but it turned out he performed on TMS firstly (then he began working on FR, obviously). It wasn't until later on when he started working on Sesame.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I understand the busy scheduals, but couldn't Dave have started on Sesame Street then the Muppet Show? Come on, we all know Dave's characters from Sesame Street are classic, especial Pino.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Another reason he didn't do much with Sesame Street was because he hated New York (he lives in California).