"Whose Line is it Anyway?"

cjd874

Reaction score
You know, it's that comedy improvisation show where "everything is made up and the points don't matter." Drew Carey hosts and Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles, and Wayne Brady are the stars. I just discovered this show this year...and I am hooked.

Anyone else on this forum like this show? What are your favorite moments?

For me, it's the whole Robin Williams episode, the Richard Simmons living scenery segment, Colin's self-News Flash, the Bikini News Flash, Ryan's laughing fit during the Greatest Hits game where Colin says "TAPIOOOOCAAA," and nearly all of the Hats segments and Colin's Weird Newscasters introductions.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I used to watch this show a LOT. I always liked the episodes with Greg Proops. He is to die for. The Robin Williams episode was great, and what about the episode with Whoopi Goldberg? I always loved it when they did the "sound effects" game where Ryan provided the sound effects, and Collin had to react to them.

cjd874

Reaction score
Greg Proops is VERY funny. I especially loved his take on G.W. Bush and his infamous Dominatrix scene in Weird Newscasters. The Whoopi episode was really hilarious too. I think that Wayne had the most fun with her.
I forgot to mention Chip Esten and his Snagglepuss impersonation. Dead on. He's also a great singer and loves poking fun at Ryan.

Sound effects isn't my favorite game because I can't always tell what's going on. I think it's funnier when they get audience members, who have NO IDEA what they're doing, to make the sound effects. There was one where Ryan and Colin tried to cue an elephant sound effect, but the ladies, who had just done a quacking sound minutes before, got carried away and went "QUACK QUACK" when they weren't supposed to. Drew laughed so hard he cried. And so did I.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I love the show! My favorite segments are Greatest Hits, Scenes from a hat, Weird Newscasters and Let's make a date. Colin and Ryan have to be my favorite performers on the show. Their chemistry is spot-on, though Colin seems to enjoy finding ways to make Ryan laugh out loud, for instance TAPIOCA, TAPIOCA!!! That alone made Ryan laugh hysterically. But sometimes, though rarely, you see Colin laugh, especially when Ryan rams the neon light and breaks the glass on Drew's desk during Party Quirks when he's Carol Channing whose head keeps sticking to things!

cjd874

Reaction score
Don't forget the "Arctic Tern" bit in one of the Greatest Hits segments. Ryan broke down here too.
Ryan: What bird makes the sound of our next band?
Colin: Uhhh...a tern? An arctic tern?
Ryan: Oh? What sound does an arctic tern make?
(Colin pauses)
Colin (in a squawky voice): BACKSTREET BOYS!!! (hysterical laughter from all except Colin, who keeps a straight face)
Ryan (still giggling): No, Colin! THAT'S WRONG! I was thinking of an owl! WHOO! The Who is our next band!

I also remember Ryan made Colin laugh with impressions of Scooby-Doo and Carol Channing in Scenes from a Hat. I don't remember the Scooby joke, but I remember Ryan was impersonating Carol Channing on the moon and he said, "Well this is as dry and barren as I am!" Also, Colin laughed really hard at Drew Carey's Jerry Lewis impersonation during "World's Worst: Rabbi."

In short, Colin and Ryan are like a human version of Ernie and Bert. Great chemistry, very funny, and best buddies even though they bother each other sometimes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Once again, we've got other threads for this.

cjd874

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I didn't know that. But those threads are much older. My intention is for this thread to be an appreciation thread, compared to the "WLIIA is coming back" thread and others that give announcements about the show.