Who's your favorite cereal mascot?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I just love cereal and I guess I'm a big kid cause I like the ones with cartoon characters. Here are some of my favorite cereal mascots....

Boo Berry
Count Chocula
Frankenberry
Trix Rabbit
Chip the cookie hound (before they sadly turned him into a lame wolf, :sympathy:)
Sonny
Coco the Monkey
Dig'em the frog

Who are yours?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cap'n Crunch... a character, while the concept was created by a cereal company, that was developed by the amazing Jay Ward team. When these short commercials were made (up until the late 70's) the ward team had complete creative freedom, and some of them are considered the best work they have ever done. And he was renamed Cap'n all because of June Foray's accidental truncation of a line.

I especially like Jean LaFoot... also Quisp...

Check these clasics out for yourself!

The animation is remarkable. It's amazing what the Ward team did when they finally had a bigger budget. They made these well into the 80's when Quaker was under new management, and they were no longer fun to do. I believe the exchange went like this

Bill Scott: Do you wanna do any more of this crap?
Jay Ward: No

and that was that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was totally going to say Boo Berry first. His cereal mostly disappeared for a long time and I amost thought he was invented by my active imagination until pop culture kitch products brought him back. I also like Tucan Sam. The one I didn't connect with was Tony the Tiger. I never got the appeal of the character, but he's lasted a long time.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I especially like Jean LaFoot... also Quisp...

Check these clasics out for yourself!

I enjoyed those commericals, thanks Drtooth.

I was totally going to say Boo Berry first. His cereal mostly disappeared for a long time and I amost thought he was invented by my active imagination until pop culture kitch products brought him back. I also like Tucan Sam. The one I didn't connect with was Tony the Tiger. I never got the appeal of the character, but he's lasted a long time.
I never understood the appeal of Tony the Tiger, maybe if I was more of a jock, :smile:.

And it's always awesome to meet a fellow Boo Berry fan, he's my number one favorite.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I enjoyed those commericals, thanks Drtooth.
Yeah... too bad they haven't make them like that in some time. They did acknowledge and even have new commercials with a live action and cartoon Jean LaFoote... but he was only used 3 times... that was a few years ago.

I do like Tony the Tiger myself... but frankly, much as I like Tony, Toucan Sam and Snap Crackle and Pop, I think General Mills had a much more impressive line of characters... Sonny the Bird, Trix Rabbit, the short lived Apple Cinnamon super heroes... and, even though it's before my time, I'm loving the The Banana Wackies Gorilla

Xerus

Reaction score
I really like Sonny the Cuckoo Bird and the crazy ways he goes Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs.

And Toucan Sam is pretty neat too. I like the old Froot Loops commercials where Sam puts artificial beaks on everyone and tells them to follow his nose.

It seems like the cereal that had the most mascots over the years was Cookie Crisp. There was Cookie Jarvis the Wizard, The Cookie Crook, The Cookie Cop, Chip the Dog, and Chip the Wolf. That's 5 different mascots for Cookie Crisp.