Who's heard Allister's "Fraggle Rawk"?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Allister (a pop-punk band) has made a punk version of the Fraggle Rock Theme (called "Fraggle Rawk). you all should download it, it's really rad!

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
do you have an web address or anything we can download it from? :smile:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Hee, yeah I already gots that on my PC. It is really good. I love the way they shout out their names instead of the Fraggle names, like they're Fraggles!

Amy, you could probably get it off Kazaa or something like that. That's where I got it from, anyway.

^_^ Debo

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Kazaa??? I'm sorry to keep asking questions but what is Kazaa :confused:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
It's like a Napster/Morpheus type thingy. Y'know, you download stuff off of other people's hard drives and vice versa. It's sharing! Because sharing is caring!

... did that make any sense? It's the best I can do.

^_^ Debo

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Whenever punks cover a song, Matt just has to ask himself one question; IS NOTHING SACRED?!!?!?!

I mean, there are just certain things that NEVER should be covered in a punk version. Don't get me wrong, I think some punk stuff is good (Pennywise is pretty cool..), but lord, why do they feel the need to take holy songs and screw with them! So, for the record, I must go down as hating the following punk covers:

Fraggle Rock (Theme)
The Rainbow Connection
Sesame Street (Theme)
Tainted Love (the Manson version is okay, the punk made me wanna punch something)
Baba O'Reily (I think whats more horrible than the cover is that the band called it "Teenage Wasteland," which is NOT THE SONGS TITLE!!!!)
Magic Carpet Ride
Speed Racer (Theme)

...and I'm sure many more songs that I can't remember or have yet to hear. Sorry to you punkies who like it, but really I think its a defacing of good music.

-Matt

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Punk is as punk does!

Well, that's one opinion! A valid one too.

However, I personally enjoy the punk covers. Even more so then I like original punk songs. Ever since this new invasion of pop-punk bands (Sum 41, New Found Glory, Simple Plan, etc...) has taken over, has anyone noticed the songs all sound the same? The lyrics suck, and every lead singer of any pop-punk band seem to have the same voice. So basically, I don't much care for punk. I used to like it before the invasion, but ever since it's just turned me off it.

Which brings me to why I like covers! I like the rocky, hard feeling of punk, and I like these old songs/themes. So, instead of listening to their craptacular songs, I can listen to songs I already like but with a new edge put on them. And I feel that the Fraggle Rock theme song, covered by Allister, was done pretty well. I didn't think they were defacing it, because I found it really enjoyable. (I also liked the cover of Rainbow Connection. So nyaaaaaaaah! XP)

And then I look at it another way. If I were in a band I'd LOVE to do a cover of theme songs from my youth (Fraggle Rock, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, blah, blah, blah...) So who am I to take that away from them? They might've really loved the Fraggles, and they're showing their appreciation. And it brings more publicity to Fraggle Rock, which *I* appreciate!

But that's just my 2 cents.

^_^ Debo

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
If it is done tastefully then I don't have a problem with it.

Struble

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Whenever punks cover a song, Matt just has to ask himself one question; IS NOTHING SACRED?!!?!?!
Don't worry, my band will get your revenge for you. We're working on an album where we cover punk songs as dance music.

I personally love punk covers of songs. I have the Less Than Jake Muppets 7 inch |and| the 12 inch with the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes cover of Rainbow Connection.

Sh.