Who's going to the Jerry Juhl tribute? And what can MC do?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think that whoever is going should make an e-mail available to them (via hotmail even) where we can all send our condolences, emails, pictures, stories, poems...just send everything to that one e-mail and then they can print it all off and deliver that to the family.

What do you all think?

JerryJuhlTribute@hotmail.com is an e-mail address I just set up so we can send links and downloads to. Whoever is going and is trustworthy and honest, I will deliver to you the e-mail password to either give this information to the family to open the messages themselves, or that you can open and download all the information and take it all to them.

BEAR

Reaction score
If it is where you say it is (North of San Francisco) I can't make it unfortunately. That would be atleast an 8 hour drive and I just can't go that far right now for that. I wish I could. Oh well.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Ah thanks WOE are you going?
No, unfortunately. As Bear pointed out, it's around 500 miles from here. Not exactly a weekend jaunt.

:stick_out_tongue:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'd be honored to send my Jerry Juhl Tributes from my visuals. I've been wanting to get them to Mr. Juhl's family since they debuted, but I don't know where to send them.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be possible to give Susan Juhl & family the password to the tribute email, so that for one thing the tributes can be ongoing and not centered around the Saturday deadline. Also it would give them the ability to peruse them at their leisure.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well David, I suppose if we gave the password to someone who would be attending the ceremony, and they could get it to Mrs. Juhl we'd be set, but we've yet to find someone going to the ceremony...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Well, the tribute has passed, what do we do now?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wander around in circles and say "wubba wubba wubba?" Hmm. Apparently nobody went, eh?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Since the tribute has passed, I would recommend passing any stuff through the Henson Company. If someone works to collect all the condolences, emails, pictures, stories, poems, and whatnot (from the e-mail Kevin set up) – and compiles them nicely, prints them out, puts together a little “fan condolence/remembrance packet” with all the stuff we’ve created, and then packages it and send it off to "Susan Juhl co:The Jim Henson Company"… with a nice cover letter and whatnot. (You should call someone at Henson just to make sure it’s ok and where exactly to send it), but I’m sure they will be able to help out and/or pass something on to the family (especially if its a nice big package from the fan community at Muppet Central to honor Jerry). If we work together I’m sure we can we can create something really nice to remember a fellow MC fan, the Muppet writer, a creator, an inspiration, and an all-around swell guy – Mr. Jerry Juhl.

Also on a related note: is there any work going on to collect / compile things for a tribute page(s) here at Muppet Central for Jerry? I'm sure some of the stuff collected to send to the family could make a nice addition to any forth-coming MC tribute.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I still have the pass word for the e-mail I set up for the Juhl family to see. I'll check all that when I get home tonight and try to discover what we need to do to get it packaged up. I hope everyone signed their condolences/tributes with their real name and addresses, too.

Otherwise, if nobody did post their names and addresses, send another e-mail to that address above and I'll print it off as well and connect it to your original e-mail.

Any other ideas?