"WHOAH!" - What Surprised You Today Thread?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Steve Whitmire's going to be in my town this summer for another Knoxville Fanboy Expo. Looks like I may attend another con.
Oh, wow, lucky! So he still works with the Jim Henson Company, right? Just not Sesame Workshop or Disney?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's apparently not working at all; from what I've read from the announcement on Facebook earlier today, since he's not working, he's begun going around to cons to meet and chat with fans - I doubt he'll have any of his characters with him (I was told Caroll usually brings Oscar with him, but he didn't last fall). Either way, I'm keeping an eye open as more details are being made available.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I doubt he'll have any of his characters with him
Yeah, that wouldn't make sense because Disney owns all the characters, and I'm 99.9999% sure they won't let him do appearances with them after the debacle last summer.

But you know what would be cool? If Steve had his own Youtube channel where he would make videos, possibly with new characters he has created or just him talking about the days when he was a Muppeteer.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Whether Steve did anything or not he was treated very badly byou the henson children that run the company so it's a real shame he's unemployed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I went to McDonald's for lunch today (rare occasion for me because **** their food).

I've wanted to try the fish fillet sandwich for a while just to see how it was.

Honestly, it was.... Actually pretty decent. Typical McDonald's quality, but pretty decent.

I was also surprised that they actually listened and didn't put cheese on it as I asked.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
So I went to McDonald's for lunch today (rare occasion for me because **** their food).

I've wanted to try the fish fillet sandwich for a while just to see how it was.

Honestly, it was.... Actually pretty decent. Typical McDonald's quality, but pretty decent.
McDonald's is fast food, and definitely not top quality stuff....and yet they're quite tasty at the same time.

I was also surprised that they actually listened and didn't put cheese on it as I asked.
Ok, now that's a first.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I still will never eat their burgers though. They look nasty....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The problem with McDonald's burgers is they always go overboard with ketchup, which is why I always have to get them without ketchup.

Certain Krystal locations go overboard with mustard, so you have to avoid those specific locations.

Burger King always goes overboard with lettuce on all their sandwiches, so you need to think to get them without lettuce.

Taco Bell tends to go overboard with lettuce on their tacos as well.

Five Guys tends to go overboard with their fries, so it's like you get fries with a side of burger, lol.

I tend to go overboard with my posts sometimes, so I need to stop typing right now.

Candlejack.