Who ya gonna call?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
They could call him 'The Slimer'. It sounds less like a name and more like just something they call him.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Of course, there's always the chance to call him a "...Class 5 Full-roaming Vapor. Real nasty one, too!" :smile:

I could agree with the whole no-named bit. Actually, if he doesn't show up, I'll be okay with that, too.

See, the RGB cartoon was done in Japan with an Anime background, and most times in Anime there's always some kind of minion/pet type character--in this case, they chose "Slimer" because he appeared at the end of the movie.

The reason I'd be okay if he didn't make many appearnaces (or none at all) in this comic series is because in the RGB cartoon he gets re-introduced and suddenly named "Slimer" there. By not having him in the comic by name, that leaves the continuity open to move from the movie to the RGB with these new comics, even though they are set in today's time frame, as the segue way.

If they did it animated, I'd love to see it done like Batman: The Animated Series where they paint all the backgrounds against a black background, or airbrush them. It gives it that darker mood. Obviously in the day-time shots there would be lighter backgrounds, but for the interior and night shots it would be best to paint the art against a black background.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think some of the RGB shows were done in Japan. I read somewhere that you can tell which ones ny the color of the proton streams.

With this new comic, nothing RGB has happened. So, there will probably be totally new story lines without getting into the RGB ones. Some characters may be reintoduced, like Slimer, but who knows yet? I would love to see how Slimer is drawn and I like the idea of calluing him "The Slimer" making it more of a title than a name.

And about RGB, that show originall had the guys in the tan jump suits and Slimer was much bigger and not friendly at all. But they decided not to go in that direction probably because it's a kids show and wanted kids to not be scared by Slimer and be ablt to tell the Ghostbusters apart by their uniforms. This new comic seems to be going in the direction that the RGB cartoon originally planned to and thats really cool. :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm just hoping he (Slimer) won't show up too often. I am curious to see how he will be drawn, the firehouse, Janine, Ecto-1...so many things I'm just curious as heck about! Oh, and to see how they do the streams and the ghosts!

WiGgY

Reaction score
It certainly will be interesting. It seems like the trap pedal with be reworked as well. Right now it's in a very RGB style, but it will be changed to a movie style which is cool.

I can't wait to find out what some of the story lines will be. Since it will be movie specific, Stay Puft should be gone. So, he won't be showing up like he did in RGB. Slimer could indeed show up because he wasn't retrapped, but to be movie specific he shouldn't show up constantly nor should he be a friend and once he gets retrapped, he's out of the picture again.

It would be cool if a comic story line were done based on the Ghostbusters 3 script, which was written in 1999 but never went very far. That would be cool. Having the Ghostbusters enter an anti-universe eventually where sprirts are being evicted into our world would be cool.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
So everyone thinks it would be better for Slimer's role to be more of a running gag than 'sidekick'?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't even think he should be mentioned more than in passing, or maybe he shows up once in a while when things are hectic but he keeps eluding the GBs.

88MPHStudios has new info up:
http://www.88mphstudios.com/ghostbusters.html
The Ghostbusters are back !
June 09, 2003

Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler and Winston Zeddemore return this fall in a new comic book series from 88MPH Studios, and they’re bringing along their unlicensed nuclear accelerators, classic 1959 Cadillac and off-beat supporting cast.

Picking up where the first movie left off, the comic seeks to recapture the magic that made Ghostbusters the greatest science fiction comedy of all time, with stories that will excite and entertain while appealing both to newcomers and longtime fans of the franchise.

Beginning with THE ZEDDEMORE FACTOR, the story of Winston’s first night as a Ghostbuster, and continuing in the four part tale LEGION, which pits the guys against an enemy from their distant past, the series will run the gamut from big action and broad comedy, to supernatural horror and heartfelt character pieces.

Check back for further updates on the series and previews of upcoming issues. In the meantime, be sure to download our first Ghostbusters wall-paper.

Get the new GBs wallpaper for your computer here:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
something i've noticed on the pictures with the 4 ghostbusters is that the artists forgot to draw the buckels that go to the proton packs that the ghostbusters have on that go just above the belt with the key chains and gloves and trap.....

i'm just nitpicking though...

ryan

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
...guess it was inevitable. Dan Akroyd's been trying to get a new movie off the ground for a few years too.

Thanks for posting this Foz!