Who will be on Sesame Street next season?

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
We already know that Laura Bush has taped an appearance, and rumors have been run that they're pursuing Ozzy Osborne for an appearance.

With that, I ask the question, "Which celebrities do you want to see on the Street this season"?

Here's my list:

-Jimmy Fallon and/or Tina Fey (They have a humor about that that would make them pretty good to have in a sketch with the Muppets...or maybe they could do a sketch about the letter "F", and bring back Frazzle. Actually, I would like to see any current SNL castmembers make appearances on the Street. It would continue a long "Sesame Street"/SNL connection that began with the Not Ready For Prime Time Players)

-Jennifer Connelly (Worked with Muppets before in "Labyrinth"...I could see her in a sketch with Big Bird or Zoe)

-Denzel Washington (If he hasn't appeared already, I think he would be good to give his own interpretation of the ABCs...)

-Sidney Poitier (Then again, Sidney has a very good voice for the ABCs. For some reason, I see him in a sketch with Baby Bear, though.)

-Reese Witherspoon (I know she visited the set last year, but I don't know if she taped an appearance. If not, I think she could appear this year. She seems like she could play well off Grover.)

-Sheryl Crow (She would be a good musical guest, I think. I see her and one of the Monster Muppets performing "Sing After Me", but done with a more rocking style.)

-Pink (Crazy idea, I know, and the Street's producers might not think it wise, but I think a sketch with her and Big Bird performing the song "Be Yourself (Just Happy To Be Me)" would be cool.)

-Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band (They're back together now, so is anybody thinking that now's the perfect time for The Boss, The Big Man, Little Steven and the crew to visit the Street and perform "Born To Add"?)

So, what are your ideas, and what do you think of mine?

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

Drtooth

Reaction score
A: Sometimes when a celebrity visits Sesame now-a-days, they screw up classic songs by performing them. I for one cannot stand Destiny's Child's version of "New Way to Walk" or Vonda Shephard's butchery of Everybody's song. The latter especially. It was the worst. However, I love Little Richard's Rubber Duckie. I'm not a dancer, but I almost got up and jammed.

B: I hope we don't have most of the celebrities you mentioned. Pink especially. Though Bruce Springsteen covering a parody of himself is a really cool idea.

I'd like to see:

Brad Garrett (they had Raymond)

Robin Williams (he was great when he was on!)

Steve Martin

Joe Peci (they had DeNero)

Spongebob (in a very funny counting sketch, counting Jelly fish with Squidward, and Squidward could get stung)

and Kermit the Frog (long over due appearance, no thanks to EMTV)

Just not Marlon Brando. Boy, I bet Frank would love to smack him in the puss!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
OZZY??? yeah right..."Wuh the f--k kind of f--kin bird aw you unaway bug bird?", BIG BIRD: What???

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Bear in mind, Ozzy is only a rumor...

Anyways, he indirectly made an appearance on the "Street" once when CTW licensed the PSA "Yakety Yak-Take It Back" for air time on the show.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
My list of guests that should be on ss:
-Bif Naked, singing a mix between "Believe In Yourself" and "I Love Myself Today"

-Weezer, they did a video with the ms Muppets, they should go visit sesame street

-Green Day, they'd just go good on it.

-Blink 182, same

-Ozzy, crazy, but that's how it goes. he'll have to try not to cuss.

-Courtney Love

-Tenacious D

here are some changes i'd like to see on ss -
-More cartoon segments
-More parodies of rock songs
-More Ernie & Bert in-the-apartment-short-comedy segments
-More Guy Smiley
-More Herry
-Less baby stuff, more preschool stuff
-No more "Journey To Ernie"
-Less of a KIDS SHOW, more of a KIDS COMEDY
-An inner city kids comedy, like it used to be

Salmoto

Reaction score
I can see it now...

OZZY: (Standing in the middle of the street holding his arm extended, pumping his thumb up and down) SHAAAAROOOON! Help me figure out the remote beore I have a f---ing heart attack!

ssetta

Reaction score
Okay now I know that I have mentioned Britney Spears way too much on this board, so I'm not going to mention her. Oops! I just did! Sorry.

I actually had an idea that they could re-do "Count It Higher" with Prairie Dawn and, either the Oinker Sisters, or some other famous group. But I will always think the original is better.

And also, in a way, I actually prefer the old muppet parodies. I wonder why they don't do that anymore. I think that's what they used to do if they couldn't get the real celebrities. I mean, if Britney didn't wanna do the show, they could have a muppet. What would be wrong with that? I mean, they did a parody of Madonna, and back in the day, people thought she was offensive. Why do you think they don't use muppets anymore?

roadrat15

Reaction score
How about Kiss? They're more muppet now than legitimate band.
A couple of years ago I would've put forward Metallica. Think of it
. . . James Hetfield dueting with cookie on a remake of ' C Is For Cookie'. LOL!

ssetta

Reaction score
Now there are some people who just aren't the type to have on the show. Kid Rock actually did ask to be on the show once, and they said, NO.