Who Thinks POTDC Will Actually Come Out in 2009?

JMPrater

Reaction score
It's August 1st, no news, no trickles, no photos, no status reports, only that interview with Brian Froud citing how those behind the film are figuring out a date to actually start production.

Maybe this is just me, but unless production is already underway, I don't know if this film will actually release in 2009.

JMPrater

Reaction score
well, wikipedia states that the film may be at a financial stand still, and no one has responded to this posting. either everyone agrees or everyone disagrees. lol.

Luke

Reaction score
These films take years to make - clearly if Froud says they are still looking for financing we wouldn't see it until late 2010/2011. They might have done concept animation tests but they wouldn't have even gone into production properly without finance or distribution. They need to find all that before this becomes a definite reality, and right now they have the Fraggles and fairy stories movies taking priority - i hope we still see it though, better they get it right than rush it.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I really think this film should be shelved until Henson has a hit with the Fraggle movie. Then they'd be able to get some good backing for Crystal.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
These films take years to make - clearly if Froud says they are still looking for financing we wouldn't see it until late 2010/2011. They might have done concept animation tests but they wouldn't have even gone into production properly without finance or distribution. They need to find all that before this becomes a definite reality, and right now they have the Fraggles and fairy stories movies taking priority - i hope we still see it though, better they get it right than rush it.
Makes you wonder whats going on at the creature shop... do they move forward with designs, characters and such while this goes on, or is that kind of expense included in the financial backing they need. Its going to be awhile for sure...

JMPrater

Reaction score
The problem is, the last word from Henson co. was that everything was on track for a 2009 release. We've had no other word from them yet about the state of everything. I would definitely be supportive of them not rushing this film, but it's been almost 4 years since the announcement of the film; how long will Genndy and co. hang on before the film is actually, well, filmed?

JustListen

Reaction score
I really think this film should be shelved until Henson has a hit with the Fraggle movie. Then they'd be able to get some good backing for Crystal.
It breaks my heart to think of the sequel to one of my favorite movies being set aside, but I have to agree. I think that would be best for crystal.

JustListen

Reaction score
:coy:
It's August 1st, no news, no trickles, no photos, no status reports, only that interview with Brian Froud citing how those behind the film are figuring out a date to actually start production.

Maybe this is just me, but unless production is already underway, I don't know if this film will actually release in 2009.
I admire your passion, and I'm just as anxious as you are. We just need to have faith in the Jim Henson Co. that they have everything under control. For now, the loyal must wait.

JMPrater

Reaction score
If there were a 'Jim' in the Jim Henson Co, then I'd have faith. That man would have realized way sooner then now that we, the fans are his most important asset. It is clear that not only is Jim Henson dead, but so is his sense of loyalty, which, unfortunately has not passed on to his children or the people that run his company.