Who performed these Jim Henson Hour characters?

jediX

Reaction score
I'm working on my guide to JHH over at tvtome (which will eventually migrate to my regular site) and need help filling a few gaps. Maybe someone here can help.

Who performed: Jaques Roach, Hat Sharpener, any other random obscure character not listed below.

What's the name of:
  • Jerry Nelson's blond-haired musician in "Solid Foam"? He was also seen in "Blue Bayou" in TMS-Linda Ronstadt playing xylophone on the porch of the house.
  • The three characters in the pirate tv station "Gorilla Television". There is a monkey, a white-skinned woman, and a nerdy-looking male. Rob mills plays one of them. Who play the other two and what are their names?
  • The drummer in "Solid Foam" and who played her?
  • The three graffitti characters that jump off the wall and sing/dance? Who performed them? I think Henson played the dog...
  • Do any of the trash bags have names?
  • The singing aliens in the "Science Fiction" episode. They may be called "The Extremes". Do any of them have specific names and who performed them? These characters also showed up a few times in Muppets Tonight.
  • The Bear & Raccoon that "investigate" the humans. Who performed them?
  • Did the blue frackle that hosted the Monster Telethon have a name? He was the one that had a cigarette mounted in his mouth. There's also a beaky monster and a pink one.
Thanks in advance; I know that's a whole lot of info there....

http://tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-10932/

There is the guide I edit; if there are any corrections PLEASE post them here.

jediX

Reaction score
Two down, too many to go :wink:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
  • Jerry Nelson's blond-haired musician in "Solid Foam"? He was also seen in "Blue Bayou" in TMS-Linda Ronstadt playing xylophone on the porch of the house.
    His name is Zeke
  • The singing aliens in the "Science Fiction" episode. They may be called "The Extremes". Do any of them have specific names and who performed them? These characters also showed up a few times in Muppets Tonight.
    Jerry Nelson(The Orange)
    Kevin Clash(The Green)
    Steve Whitmire(The Yellow)
    Sharon Lee Williams(The Purple, I'am a bit unsure about this one)

Stulz

Reaction score
jediX said:
What's the name of:

• These are 2 seperate charecters. "Beard" is the name of the Brown bearded guitar player in Solid Foam. He was a new charater and did not appear before or since JHH.

jediX said:
    [*]The three characters in the pirate tv station "Gorilla Television". There is a monkey, a white-skinned woman, and a nerdy-looking male. Rob mills plays one of them. Who play the other two and what are their names?[*]The drummer in "Solid Foam" and who played her?
    The "white-skinned woman" is Zondra. She appeard in a few "Real World: Muppets" UK slits for MT.

jediX

Reaction score
Actually, maybe not. There were two very similar looking women in JHH. One was the drummer and the other was the woman on Gorilla Television. I believe the Real World: Muppets woman is the one from Gorilla.

jediX

Reaction score
So is Zondra the drummer or the MT/Gorilla TV woman?

jediX

Reaction score
And is the bear from the bear/raccoon bit Billy the Bear?

And is the giant spider the same one as in the Raquel Welch TMS?

:smile:

Stulz

Reaction score
jediX said:
So is Zondra the drummer or the MT/Gorilla TV woman?
The Gorilla TV Chick is Zondra.

:big_grin:

The Solid Foam chick w/ the Red hair is........

ya got ME!

:confused:

jediX

Reaction score
I'll bet she's referenced somewhere in the series. I'll keep my ears open whilst I work on my JHH guides.