Who makes music?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow! That's a lot of choir!! I go to a really small church, and we don't really have a choir. We used to have a children's choir that I was in, but that only lasted a couple years, and I always played the piano. I tried out for the school choir when I was like in fifth grade and they wouldn't let me in. :frown:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I tried out for the school choir when I was like in fifth grade and they wouldn't let me in. :frown:
Erin
That's sad. My roommate in college used to say that he knew he couldn't sing, because when he was in chorus in elementary school and the teacher didn't like something, she's ask them to do it again. He would stop singing, as a test, and then the teacher would like it!

jediX

Reaction score
I played euphonium for 7 years but had to quit this year because I'm not a music major and don't own the instrument. Oh well, the music department treated me like garbage when I did try to get in, so whatever. I wouldn't want to play in a group where the conductor hated me anyway.

I've played guitar for the past 4 years and banjo for the past year. I also can play a little trombone, trumpet, drumset, bass, and ocarina.

I had a band for a couple years but we split up last summer because the other members were lazy and wouldn't ever practice or learn any of my songs. Which, in a way, is good, since I own all the rights to the songs seeing as I wrote all of them.

We, well, I recorded a double-length cd of songs a few years ago and am in the process of making another right now.

Big advocate of midi and soundfont; my songs can be downloaded (as midi) from my website.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Because of this thread it inspired me to go back to making beats. And I finshed to beats that I had let undone and made ine new beat. I might put them up on the web so you can listen to them.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
dmx10101 said:
Because of this thread it inspired me to go back to making beats. And I finshed to beats that I had let undone and made ine new beat. I might put them up on the web so you can listen to them.
Sounds cool--love to hear them! If I ever get around to working more on the cool song I'm making in Garage Band, I'll upload it somewhere as well. I don't hold out much hope for finishing it anytime soon, though...

It would be cool if we all made our own versions of Muppet songs and got them on MC Radio!

:sing:

jediX

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
It would be cool if we all made our own versions of Muppet songs and got them on MC Radio!:sing:
Already ahead of ya, Andy--I've already done two rockified Muppet tunes. :sing:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
jediX said:
Already ahead of ya, Andy--I've already done two rockified Muppet tunes. :sing:
Oh yeah... I think I remember you mentioning this once before--very cool! Forgive me for asking, in case you've already mentioned it, but is there a place online where we can hear these songs?

jediX

Reaction score
http://mhohnstein.tripod.com/ then click music from the nav frame. "Lizard Alert" section contains my original rock tunes and the originals has misc other stuff. Do note that they are midi and not mp3, and also I'd like to add that I'm retooling "Sweet Vacation" so it is more like the original song. Should you want mp3, it can be arranged.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can put my beats up on the internet. I tried soundclick, but they said you can only us mp3 files and they are wma files.

jediX

Reaction score
Go sign up for Tripod or Geocities or something -- they give you like 15 megs of space, I think.