Who likes Popeye?

Pedro

Reaction score
Popeye is a great American. He is a great spokesperson for the spinach industry. He teaches his girly nephew how to stand up to bullies. He stands up for Olive whenever Bluto mistreats her. He adopted Sweet Pea as his own son when he was abandoned at his doorstep. We can all learn from his example. Popeye should be honored for his strength and honesty. I like Popeye, and so should you. :attitude:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I have all but one episode of Cartoon Network's "The Popeye Show." The one I'm missing contains these cartoons:

Choose Yer Weppins
Mutiny Ain't Nice
Kickin' The Conga 'Round

I'm also looking for uncut copies of these titles (only if in BLACK AND WHITE):

Be Kind To "Aminals"
My Artistical Temperature
Blunder Below

Pedro, might you be able to help me out? :wink:

Pedro

Reaction score
Ah, another who understands and appreciates the enigma that is Popeye. You are indeed wise. I do not have access to the episodes which you speak of. I am much too naive in the ways of collecting things. I only occasionally catch an episode on Boomerang, as I am more of an admirer than a collector. But I believe you will find what you are looking for. If you only believe... I know it will happen one day!

Adios! :attitude:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Popeye the Sailor<toot toot>

I loves that sailor man<toot toot>. :excited: :flirt:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always enjoyed Popeye as a kid. At the time he was up there with Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry. However, the Popeye cartoons haven't been seen much the past 20 years until recently. I think there are some restored Popeye DVD's planned for the coming year.

By the way, Boomerang is fantastic. Have had it since 2001. They show the real classic cartoons without hardly any commercials at all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love Popeye and all, but I think he's best done in the classic "Thimble Theater" strips of yor (how do you spell it... you know like the days of yor...) anyway, I love the classic Popeye cartoons, and I would love to get all the action figures (except I never had the money and I let 2 series slip through my fingers, but I did get Wimpy).

AHHHH Wimpy! He's my favorite character of the bunch.... such a mooch, a Newman-ish character who sponges off the others, and betrays everyone for a hamburger. Not even with cheese or fries. If he were a real person, I'm gonna have to agree with the Geezil... "He should be killed to death!" :wink:

Great old strip, wonderful cartoons!

Klonoa

Reaction score
The comic strips are more interesting than the cartoons, but both are classics.

My favorite character is Wimpy, too! I saw a Wimpy T-shirt at Kohl's that said "Slacker" on it.

Anyone here a Little Nemo fan?

--Klonoa

Erine81981

Reaction score
I liked Bleep Bleep. I think thats his name. Its that yellow creature that pops in and out. I loved that Hanna Barbera cartoons of Popeye and the ones where Popeye is a father and has a son and Bluto has one two. I loved the classics as well. I watch him every now and then but I'm most into Hanna Barbera catoons then but I do have a plush of Bleep Bleep. I loved that one where he's first introduce and Popeye is trying to get some sleep and he keeps putting Bleep outside and he keeps popping into the house. Funny epsiodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You mean the Jeep, right? I think his name is Eugene.

I have all the CVS Popeye bean bag toys.... even the rare one where he holds a can of spinache.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Yea thats who I meant. Thanks Dr.Tooth. I was thinking of his name today when I ran across a coloring book I found upstairs at Goodwill. So his name was Eugene in the comic and in the show was it Jeep? It says that his name is Eugene the Jeep but I can't rememeber. Does anyone what a Popeye avatar or not. I can make some Popeye, Burtis, Olive Oyl, Sweet 'Pea, Wimpy, Bernard and Pappy. I really don't know who Bernard is but it shows his name just not a picture. So if anyone wants an avatar of those characters just email me.