Who Is Your Favorite Human Cast Member On Sesame Street

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Here's a random question for y'all: Who is your favorite human cast member on SS?

Mine would have to be Bob. Even while growing up, he was my favorite. Just his very soft-spoken voice & easy going personality. His voice actually reminds me of one of my former special ed teachers; I think that's another reason I began liking him :smile:
Plus, I think he has the best singing voice on SS!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Sadly, two of my all-time favorite Sesame Street humans are no longer with us, those being Mr. Hooper and David.

Of the current bunch, however, I think my favorites are Maria and Luis...yet it seems like we're seeing a lot more of Maria and a lot less of Luis these days. I just think it's cool how Luis's character has evolved over 30+ years. He started out as this long-haired free spirit who ran the Fix-It Shop when it was a hole in the wall, and he spoke as much Spanish as he did English. He was also sort of the odd man out, as most of the other humans were paired off (Bob/Linda, Maria/David, Susan/Gordon). As the years went by he cut his hair, expanded the Fix-It Shop, stopped playing second fiddle to David (due to unfortunate circumstances off the set) and became a devoted husband and father. Does anybody know if Emilio Delgado has picked up side gigs as an actor?

Sonia Manzano, who plays Maria, has said something similar to what I just said when she (along with Bob McGrath and Loretta Long) were interviewed for the A & E Biography on "Sesame Street" (which was brilliantly done...not so much time on Elmo and plenty devoted to Jim Henson). She said that she probably wouldn't be on the show today if they had her pretend she was a certain age forever.

Thijs

Reaction score
Well I don`t know the American cast of SS that good, but Bob is my favorite.

In The Netherlands is Rik my favourite

ssetta

Reaction score
I had a little bit of a crush on Gina when I was younger, and I think she looks a little bit like Britney Spears! And also, I think Gabi is very pretty. And imagine this: The actress who plays Gabi, Desiree Casado, was actually on "MTV's 'Becoming' Presents: Wannabes: Jennifer Lopez."

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Desiree Casado was also in the film "I Like It Like That" with Lauren Velez (sp?), who was also in "New York Undercover" (my all-time favorite cop show).

Also, let me rephrase my earlier question. I know Emilio made some appearances on "Lou Grant". Has he picked up any side gigs as an actor LATELY? =)

Back to Gabi though...I like the interaction she has with Miles (Imani Patterson). Methinks they might be making them the next Maria and David. Remember when those two were a couple? (They even imagined themselves as the Two-Headed Monster!)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Let me be the first to proclaim,

"Olivia!"

:smile:

She was just so nice and sweet, had a GREAT voice, and I loved the whole brother-sister relationship she had with Gordon, since I have a sister, also.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Yes, Byron...Olivia *was* awesome, wasn't she?

I think I really started liking her when I saw the "Unpaved" reruns of the trips to Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Olivia also seemed to have a strong friendship with Maria. If you recall, she was the one who accompanied Maria back to Puerto Rico (before the rest of the gang minus Gordon and Mr. Hooper surprised her on her birthday). She also seemed very interested in the Hawaiian culture too. And that voice...heavenly. It's a shame they edited her out of the Sesame Street Xmas CD and put Hoots the Owl in her place. Not that I dislike Hoots, he's a very cool character (and in terms of Muppet musicians, he's more outgoing than Zoot)...but still...

Alaina Reed Hall (who played Olivia) was also known for her portrayal of Rose on "227", and she was one of the main reasons I watched that show during its run. In fact, after dividing her time between "227" and "Sesame Street", Alaina left the Street in 1988...and "227" only ran for a couple more years. I hope she comes back to the Street someday.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, my faves of all time were Mr. Hooper, David, and Ruth Buzzi...

I like Bob (especially when people annoy him) he's almost like a human equivilant of Bert. But I got to admit, Allan is pretty funny!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MARIA!! First and foremost and always--Maria!

I wish Olivia hadn't left the show--she was great.

I guess, tho, after Maria would be Gordon and Susan.

Remember that Olivia was Gordo's sister? I forgot about that til just RIGHT NOW!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah, I just recently found out about Olivia and Gordon being brother and sister. Let's see my favorites would be Bob, Gordon (Roscoe of course since that's the only Gordon I know), Olivia and Maria. I didn't know about Luis having long hair originally. Is there anywhere where I can find a picture of that. Oh, I also liked Mr. Hooper too. Although CESS is the only place I really remember seeing him.