1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Who is more popular?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Who do you think is more popular?

1. Kermit the frog

22 vote(s)
    84.6%
  2. Miss Piggy

4 vote(s)
    15.4%

1. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

That's fine! Dr. Phil really creeped me out when I was younger. I hated him for trying to hurt Gonzo. Gonzo was always one of my favorites.
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Done.
    [​IMG]
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

There is no way I can make a decision like this!!!
  4. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

MISS PIGGY DERN IT!
  5. Pinkflower7783

Can I just say both? XP
  6. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Same here. It took seeing The Muppets to change my view, slightly, of Miss Piggy.
  7. Pinkflower7783

As Frank said she's the way she is to hide her pain. And as Kermit has stated Piggy is just like anyone else who just wants to be loved and accepted in this crazy society we live in.
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I get the impression Piggy was very popular in the '70s because she was this brash, independent female character during Women's Lib. Even her being Second in Command of the Swinetrek was huge!
  9. Pinkflower7783

I just love the fact she doesn't take crap off anyone. I am slowly starting to learn this from her and since joining here I will not let anyone run over me!
    DrDientes and heralde like this.
  10. Ignatz

Ignatz Member

It seems like I had the opposite expeirience from most people on this thread, I first saw the Muppet movies I thought Kermit didn't have much personality other than being the only sane one in the group, watching the Muppet Show made me lighten to the character.
  11. Pinkflower7783

That is all:
    [​IMG]
    heralde and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  12. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

How about for lunch boxes...
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ... or for shirts...
    [​IMG]
    ... or ever for cookie cutters?
    [​IMG]
  13. Pinkflower7783

HOLY I WANT THAT SHIRT!!!
  14. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I can't make up my mind! They're both popular!
  15. LadyDodgeballer

LadyDodgeballer New Member

I think that more characters in the television industry have been influenced by Piggy's sassy attitude and romantic personality, than Kermit's, but I think both are very popular, it would be hard to choose. If kermit's face wasn't on so many pieces of merchandise and he was not originally voiced by Henson, then Piggy would no doubt be more popular. I might even argue that Animal is the most popular muppet currently.
  16. LadyDodgeballer

LadyDodgeballer New Member

I have always loved her too. (besides Janice who isnt really major) She was the only important female role on the show. It is a shame the Muppets did not have more prominent female characters. Anyways, I love her (especially in the "Pigs in Space" skits)
    (She was pretty weird looking in the first few seasons though, I much prefer her look now)
  17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'll be blunt, I really didn't start liking Miss Piggy until the newest Muppets movie where she told Kermit off for being a wishy-wash in their relationship AND then made him work hard to get her back. THAT is a very mature, classy way of handling that kind of situation, and Miss Piggy went up quite a few notches in my book of favorites for doing so. *thumbs up*

PLUS, she is a total tsundere so once I recognized that aspect of her character she went up another couple of notches. :D Tsundere's are fun.
  18. Pinkflower7783

All I know is is that only two people voted for Piggy so I'm leaving town. :p
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Will 3 make you stay in town? :p
  20. Pinkflower7783

*whispers* I wasn't one of the two that voted for her. :p And with that being said I am outta here!!!