1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who is more popular?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by miss kermie, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Who do you think is more popular?

Kermit the frog 22 vote(s) 84.6%
Miss Piggy 4 vote(s) 15.4%

1. miss kermie Well-Known Member

So, forever, i've been hearing Piggy say her fanbase is bigger than Kermit's... Is it really?
  2. Hubert Well-Known Member

It's tough to consider, as it seems that Kermit is the face of the franchise, yet for some reason I think that many people (namely females) are huge fans of Piggy. I feel like Kermit is the cover popular Muppet, yet Piggy is the real popular Muppet, so kinda both. Piggy is probably more memorable, yet Kermit is probably more well-known.
    miss kermie likes this.
  3. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I think that Kermit's position as the unofficial face of the Muppets gives him the edge in popularity. Also, and this might be an unpopular statement here, some casual fans might be turned off a bit by Miss Piggy's attitude. I have two friends who, although they have an appreciation for the Muppets, can't stand Miss Piggy. Kermit has a more friendly persona.
  4. miss kermie Well-Known Member

MISS PIGGY RULES!
    All I say.
  5. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Well this puts me in a tough situation. :p
  6. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Yeah I know...
    KERMIT RULES TOO!!!
  7. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I believe Kermit the Frog is more popular. :)
    He's one of the world's greatest amphibians!
  8. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

For me, I knew Kermit the Frog well before the others. Even before I knew what Muppets are.
    And boy, did I hate Miss Piggy at first.
  9. TheWeirdoGirl Active Member

Well Kermit has definetely been popular longer than Miss Piggy has. It seems to me like more people would name him as their favorite Muppet. And may I just say, I'm glad I'm not the only person who didn't like Piggy at first. :p
  10. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who loved Miss Piggy from the start?
  11. Hubert Well-Known Member

Yes.

To be honest, though I don't mind Piggy and realize how integral part of the Muppets she is, I still to this day don't necessarily LIKE her. I basically came to terms with her and that's all.

Stone me.
    miss kermie likes this.
  12. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I knew Kermit the Frog before Miss Piggy because when I first started watching Sesame Street, Kermit the Frog was on it. I remember enjoying the Elevator Operator sketch where Kermit gets angry at The Count for not letting him stop on the 7th floor.
    Good times! :)
  13. TheWeirdoGirl Active Member

I think the reason that it took me a while to like Piggy was because I've been a Kermit fan for as long as I can remember. I've had a lot of love for Kermit pretty much my whole life because of Sesame Street. And when I got into The Muppet Show, I didn't like Piggy because of the way she karate chopped and chased after Kermit. And I just thought she was annoying in general. I really didn't start to like her until after I saw the new movie. But even now, she still gets on my nerves sometimes.
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  14. miss kermie Well-Known Member

Oh my GLOB!
    No WONDER everyone hates Piggy at school but me.
  15. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

It took me awhile to get used to Piggy. Watching The Muppet Show gave me a much larger appreciation for her, seeing how her character developed and grew throughout the series. In public appearances she's pretty one-dimensional, but in the series, there's a lot to her.
  16. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I love Piggy! She, Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo were teh right choices to make four of the "core" characters. They're the best!
    miss kermie likes this.
  17. miss kermie Well-Known Member

THANK you Dominic!
  18. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

No problem Jaz! I only hate one Muppet. Dr. Van Neuter. I'm sorry fans, but I only saw him in Muppets From Space, and NOBODY tries to remove one of my favorite Muppet's brains. I love Gonzo too much.
    miss kermie likes this.
  19. Mister Muppet Active Member

For me Kermit :) will always be more popular than miss piggy He has been and will most likely always be my favourite character and I think he is more well known than miss piggy
  20. Hubert Well-Known Member

I like Dr. Phil. I've never gotten to see him all that much, but I like what I see.

The Muppet that I absolutely hate would be Pepe, while we're on the subject.

*hides in the dark at the thought that I worship a villain who put Piggy in jail*