Who did the voices of cartoon fraggles?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know a lot of people here hate, dislike, or rather liked the cartoon Fraggle Rock. I also know that somehow, there was some reason that the actual puppeteers can't do their voices. But what I want to know is this:

Who voiced who in the cartoon Fraggle Rock? I've searched the internet for answers, but they all seem to be different. Some say "such and such" does the voice of Matt, and some say something different. One site lists Bronsan Pinchot (Balki Bartakamous of the 80's sit-com Perfect Strangers). The only time they converge is Rob Paulsen as Boober. I met him (Rob, not Boober), and that poor excuse is my Muppet connection.

If any one actually taped a few episodes (or any of our UK posters here has the tapes) can you watch the credits, pause the video and write some down? I appreciated it! :rolleyes:

Smig

Reaction score
This is taken from the JIM HENSON'S WORLD OF TELEVISION CATALOG at THE MUSEUM OF TV AND RADIO, NY...

Storyteller Fraggle....Stu Rosen

Wembley Fraggle......Bob Bergen

Gobo Fraggle
Architect Doozer
Wrench Doozer.........Townsend Coleman

Red Fraggle
Wingnut Doozer........Barbara Goodson

Junior Gorg...............Michael Laskin

Mokey Fraggle
Cotterpin Doozer.......Mona Marshall

Ma Gorg....................Patti Paris

Boober Fraggle
Sprocket
Majory the Trash Heap.......Rob Paulsen

Traveling Matt Fraggle
Pa Gorg
Flange Doozer...................Pat Pinney

Doc
Philo
Gunge.............................John Stephenson

Karen Prell had said that the performers of the original series were very interested in doing the voices for the aninated show, but there were (especially Richard Hunt) but there were scheduling conflicts. You might find more info thru Karen Prell's website. www.karenprell.com

Smig

Luke

Reaction score
<< Who did the voices of cartoon fraggles? >>

Very bad voice over artists !

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Chris Smigliano:

You have that brochure? Does it, perchance, list all Henson-related programs in the Museum's archive? If so, could you transcribe that part and e-mail it to me at tservo2049@sbcglobal.net

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Geez, the only voice I recognize is Townsend Coleman, who did Michaelangelo in the Ninja Turtles cartoon from the 80s. They must have been starving for talent during that time!

- Billy :cool:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

Very bad voice over artists !
I beg to differ. Rob Paulsen is a very popular, and in demand voice actor. A list of his credits include: Raph on Ninja Turtles, Yakko, Dr. Scratchensniff, and Pinky on Animaniacs, P.J. on Goof Troop and both Goofy Movies, Steel Beak on Darkwing Duck,
Squishington on Bump in the Night, Major Glory on Dexter's Laboratory,

And hundreds of others. A listing is at
http://voices.fuzzy.com/actor.idc?actor_id=1

As for John Stephenson, he is best remembered as Mr. Slate, Fred Flintstone's boss!

Luke

Reaction score
That may be so but they really sucked at doing Fraggle voices. It's not their fault - it was the casting director. V/O artists can usually handle under 10 voice styles at most, if the character doesn't fit (and i guess they should have been looking for matches for the original characters) then they have no chance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As Boris Badenov would say, "I'm guessing so you're right!" But I still like Rob!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah sorry - i should have said 'very bad imitators of Fraggles' rather than 'bad voice over artists' ! Still i guess i couldnt do any better !

AnthonyF3

Reaction score
Townsend Coleman and Bob Bergen are both pretty talented too! I mean, Coleman's The Tick is quite possibly the best dumb guy who thinks he's smart voice ever, and Bergen's Tweety is an excellent Mel Blanc imitation. Excellent. They're not very bad, friend, they're very good!

Crazy, Man

Zoot

Just a weak, and belated, attempt at yanking Luke's chain.

Don't make that joke, Luke. I've already heard it.