Who built the puppets for Greg the Bunny?

Iokitek

Reaction score
I just saw the pilot (yeah a little late, just a little) :rolleyes: anyway I noticed a great puppet sitting in the auditioning room. It's the one on the left. The toadlike puppet. It looks kind of like what I would like to do. He wasn't moving his mouth or anything so I don't even know if it was a regular puppet. But it seemed to be able to do so.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me who built those puppets for them. I've found some information on the puppeteers but not on who made the puppets. But I would like to see if they built more puppets like that out of latex.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I don't have a credit list, but I think it was mostly West Coast freelancers who did Greg the Bunny. Some of the same people worked on the now-famous "Puppet" episode of Angel.

Iokitek

Reaction score
West Coast freelancers...does this mean they are freelancers residing in the west-coast? or is that their company name? or both? heh :wink:

I just saw that Angel episode "Smile Time" last week and I thought it was pretty funny. I loved all the felt jokes etc. The weird thing is TV-Tome said that after that episode they announced that they were canceling the series.

Apparently the guy who puppeteered the puppet Angel also does Count Blah on Greg The Bunny. So you might be correct there. I'll see what else I can find.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Iokitek said:
I just saw the pilot (yeah a little late, just a little) :rolleyes: anyway I noticed a great puppet sitting in the auditioning room. It's the one on the left. The toadlike puppet. It looks kind of like what I would like to do. He wasn't moving his mouth or anything so I don't even know if it was a regular puppet. But it seemed to be able to do so.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me who built those puppets for them. I've found some information on the puppeteers but not on who made the puppets. But I would like to see if they built more puppets like that out of latex.

from what i understan a lot of the puppets came from the collections of the puppeteers, (not the main charecters mind you) they were asked to bring puppets in from home for use on the show, and thats what they did , as to the main puppets im not sure, but i believ the original puppest for the independent film channel were built by the writers.

Iokitek

Reaction score
Hey thanks. I wanted to know so I could perhaps email them with a few specific questions I had about that puppet. But I guess they are probably very busy with being "famous" and all that. :smile: I won't bother them.