Which movies and TV shows were on "Muppet Babies"?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Pigs in Space clip you refer to is from the short lived Muppet Babies and Monsters hour, also using a clip of Kermit PI.

There were numerous clips used from 3 Stooges shorts (aptly fitting, as I've mentioned Jefferey Scott was Moe's grandson).

Then of course, there was the random public domain clips they used. In the episode where they ordered a play house from a cereal box, and dream of what it's like, Fozzie dreams he's a Mickey Mouse club parody. During which time they show a black and white cartoon, which used clips from the old "Popeye meets Ali Baba's fourty theives" cartoon, the clock pulling it's numbers with its hands and hides, the painting of a man in a turban flipping himself over to face the wall, and (I think) a coat rack running away and a guy in a turban jumping into a flower pot were used.

In the Daily Muppet a short clip of Oscar the Grouch was used.

I also recall clips of "hey Verne, It's Ernest" being used in one episode, but I'm really fuzzy on that one.

I know Spiderman was animated into an episode (and Stan Lee made a live action appearance) but that's probably because Marvel was the production company!

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
With the talk of appearances by live-action Muppets and the mention of Stan Lee, I'll toss in something else I remember.

In the episode "A Punchline To The Tummy", there are live-action cameos by Whoopi Goldberg and the late John Ritter (as themselves being talked to by Baby Gonzo as a talent agent in a fantasy sequence) and "M-B" voice veteran Dave Coulier as a comedy club M.C. The funniest part of his cameo is his reactions to Baby Fozzie's bombing. He becomes so fed up he throws the milk carton he was drinking out of (I found it funny).

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't believe we forgot the most obvious one....

GHOSTBUSTERS!

In 2 different episodes, I believe, too. One episode featured the clip of Slimer (also used in the theme song) and another featured the Staypuft marshmallow man.

There was also a few clips of "attack of the Killer Tomatoes" used in an episode... can't recall it too well, but the scene had Fozzie at the Hollywood bowl, and every joke he told enraged tomatoes. He captured them in... well... a ketchup bottle!

goshposh

Reaction score
i know in one episode gonzo was mr spock and kermit was captain kirk and they showed actuall footage of the enterprise from the original star trek.

Reaction score
I know some clips from some Charlie Chaplin films were shown. Also, if I'm not mistaken, some clips of the Chicago Bears were shown in the family tree episode. And I believe, some of the characters from the comic strip "Blondie" were featured in a much later episode.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I remember the Chaplin and "Star Trek" episodes. :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
the "Star Trek" episode was called "Muppet Babies: The Next Generation" and was a science-fiction romp through and through.

BJ

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom!

Well, I just watched Season 1, episode 4 of "Muppet Babies" entitled "Raiders of the Lost Muppet" (wonder what movie they were referencing there :smile: ) and besides the clip from Raiders of the Lost Ark of Kermit swinging away from the big boulder in the opening credits, there were a bunch of cool scenes from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in the movie. (which was very current at the time of this episode, seeing as how the series started in 1984, the same year the movie came out.) There were scenes of the Thugee cult worshippers around the kali idol as well as the mine cart chase. It was quite cool to see an Indiana Jones inspired episode of Muppet Babies. You could also easily tell in the animated scenes with Kermit the Frog as Indy that the guys chasing them were supposed to be animated versions of Mola Ram and the Thugees. :concern: Of course, Indiana Kermit and friends escaped! :big_grin:
(Very good episode, as they all are.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow, wish I could see some more of these. I've only seen three and two of them were 'schooly' type ones with Stadler and Waldorf teaching the kids bout stuff.

I loved Muppet Babies: Next Generation, thou.