Which movies and TV shows were on "Muppet Babies"?

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
When I say that, I mean featured in clips. They used so many...I just want to try and make a list, and I was wondering if you, my fellow "Muppet Babies" fans could help me.

This much I do know...

They used clips from:

The original "Star Wars" trilogy
"Raiders Of The Lost Ark"
"E.T"
"Family Ties"
"The Cosby Show"
The Lionel Richie video "Dancing On The Ceiling"
The "Weird" Al Yankovic video "Eat It"
"Pretty In Pink"

I know there were plenty more. Could I have some help?

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
How about these?

-Gertie the Dinosaur (albeit sound-ized)
-When the Cat's Away (MM cartoon I think, during the Gonzo dream sequence when Irving Mouse pulls Gonzo through the mousehole in "GMCS")
-Silent Movie in Gonzo's Flipbook ("GMCS" also!)
-Phantom of the Opera (numerous times, most famously in the "Daily Muppet" episode)

Any help?

BJ

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
there were a ton all right!

well, you already said most of my favorites. On the 5th. season "Beauty and the Schnoz" episode, there is a clip from the 1987-1990 live action Beauty and the Beast show. There's also a clip of Steve Martin in the 1987 movie Roxanne.

Another good episode is "Muppet Babies: The Next Generation", which has tons of sci-fi references, including Star Wars, Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, and possibly Doctor Who or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and of course, The Jetsons. And Indiana Jones. Although I don't remember if there were any actual clips from any of these shows and movies. There might have been.

I'm pretty sure there were clips from the Godzilla movies and maybe the Back to the Future movies? I'm sorry. :sympathy: I'll have to watch some more episodes to really remember most of them. :embarrassed: :flirt:

Check out www.tvtome.com and look at their Muppet Babies episode guide. It's actually pretty decent and lists some of the times one of the Muppet Babies episodes has clips from other things in it.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
speaking of which...

I was just looking at the Muppet Babies episode guide at www.tvtome.com and I just realized that Robin shows up in an episode! :smile: That is cool!
It's neat to see all the characters that made it onto the show. Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Animal, Scooter, Skeeter, Nanny, Uncle Statler, Uncle Waldorf, Bean Bunny, Bunsen, Beaker, and Robin!

(I wonder if Link Hogthrob or Dr. Julius Strangepork ever showed up! They could have done a Star Trek parody on the Swinetrek with First Mate Piggy. And it seems like the Muppet Babies parodied Star Trek a lot!)
Or maybe the baby Electric Mayhem! (Even though technically, Janice, Zoot, Floyd, and Dr. Teeth are supposed to be older than most of the other Muppets, although I never really think about that too much. Except for obvious ones like Fozzie and his mom, I think they're all pretty much about the same age.)

Maybe Baby Lew Zealand could show up with his boomerang fish! That would have been funny. Or Baby Tom could come by for a visit. (Baby Swedish Chef, that is).
:cool:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
and

I guess Camilla technically makes an appearance too. :halo:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Baby Janice?

I saw this listed at this site. http://members.kingston.net/chloe/Mup/MB_bios.html

Janice - in one or two episodes (I'm not sure of the exact number) of the final season Janice (from the Muppet band Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem) appeared as a Muppet Baby. I don't remember what her story was (whether she was a relative, a kid from down the street like Bean, or what).

Does anyone know for sure if Janice showed up on Muppet Babies? Because that would be totally cool, fer sure! :flirt: :sing:

Klonoa

Reaction score
I think they had film clips from King Kong on several occaisions.

Anyone remember the episode where they all play video games? (Pretendo). So...many...game...references.

--Klonoa
My favorite was "The Adventure of Link Sausage"

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
I recall the episode "Elm Street Babies" used footage from the sequel to "Teen Wolf".

I think one episode had some clips from "Pee-Wee's Playhouse".

Finally, for now, one episode had concert footage of Steve Martin talking about the arrow in his head.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

McFraggle

Reaction score
They also had clips from the Johnny Carson-era "Tonight Show."

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
There actually was a Pigs in Space clip in the last episode, "Eight Flags over the Nursery" (Babyland ep). When Piggy is summarily PO'ed, Kermit draws some Froggon to make the episode more exciting. Link Hogthrob and Dr. Strangepork make an appearance too! That help?

BJ