Which Dark crystal to buy

PuppetMad

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Recently my copies of The Dark Crystal and Labrinth were damaged, they were both basic dvds with no extras. Having alook around there are a few different dvds containing different things, can anyone recomend the best copies to get. Thanks.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I suggest the Blu-ray. :scary:Other than that, I think the last several reissues have been the same.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Yes, the Blu-Rays are the best. But they dont come with booklets or any physical extras.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I have the collectors edition with Jim's note pad and a replica filmstrip of Jen near the rocks in the scene where he's about to go off to his journey. "Alright, alone then." Then I have the anniversary version, same with Labrynth. Though there was a bigger box release for Labrynth right? Did that come with a replica of Jim Henson's note pad too? I remember when I got those I got rid of the first Columbia released DVDs as well as the superbit releases. But I'm totally keeping the collectors editions. Now I got to get a Blu-ray player so I can get some good Henson / Muppet movies for it. :smile: While I think of it, I need a mini HD-TV too. I still have this hand-me-down wide screen TV and I think the landlord would go bonkers if I tried to hook up one of those HDTV wall holders to the wall so I'll probably get one of those small ones on a stand. Something to play with until I have the money and live somewhere nicer. :smile:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Speaking of re-issues, what about the Fraggle Rock sets? Perhaps it has something to do with The Jim Henson Company working with Lionsgate instead of Hit Entertainment perhaps. But there seems to be a lot of re-issues of the season box sets and the complete series. I just hope all the complete episodes and special features would be present. Even the addition of the Wrap Tape would be a nice surprise. I don't mean to switch the subject but it kind of came to mind.

I'd love to see the blu-ray Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. I bet the Skeksis look even creepier in HD. :scary: