Which are muppets?

unclematt

Reaction score
Two word combined to make the word "Muppet."

What are Marionette and Puppet?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
For me personally, the only things that technically aren't Muppets are those things made by The Creature Shop that are based upon another franchise (namely the TMNT & SW), for even Dark Crystal & Labyrinth are tied in with the Henson name, whereas Teenage Mutant Ninja (or Hero) Turtles is copyrighted to the TMNT comic creators & those various people who've made the TMNT cartoons (both the 80's & 2003 versions) and the Star Wars saga (even the parts with Frank Oz manning the Yoda puppet) is copyrighted to friend of the Muppet family, George Lucas.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A Muppet is almost any puppet creation of the Jim Henson Company, and I guess now anything considered a Muppet by Disney. The Sesame Street characters are still called Muppets, even new ones. Most creature shop creations are not considered Muppets, and neither are any post-2004 puppets created by The Jim Henson Company (unless it was created for a Disney Muppet production).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do the Sinclairs count?
I don't think so. But you never know. Disney already owned the rights to the Dinosaur series before buyignt he Muppets, so they wouldn't be part of the same deal. The credits don't refer to them as Muppets. I don't now which company owns the character rights (the credits and DVD packaging don't give any copyright credits for characters). A long time ago Muppet Wiki gave fans a chanc eto vote for whether Dinosaurs should be categorized as Muppets or creatures, and the majority of votes went to creatures.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't think so. But you never know. Disney already owned the rights to the Dinosaur series before buyignt he Muppets, so they wouldn't be part of the same deal. The credits don't refer to them as Muppets. I don't now which company owns the character rights (the credits and DVD packaging don't give any copyright credits for characters). A long time ago Muppet Wiki gave fans a chanc eto vote for whether Dinosaurs should be categorized as Muppets or creatures, and the majority of votes went to creatures.
Yeah, Dinosaurs seems like the sort of series that should complement Sid & Marty Kroff's Land of the Lost franchise. :big_grin:

Quesal

Reaction score
I'd even call the puppets you see on "Puppet Up" Muppets myself.