Where's the love for Rocky and Bullwinkle?

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I think I may have mentioned this in another thread before, but I hear that Ty Burrell is voicing Mr. Peabody in the new "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" movie. March 2014 is really going to be quite a month for Ty Burell because he has two movies ("Mr. Peabody and Sherman" and "Muppets Most Wanted") coming out exactly two weeks of each other. :fanatic: ("Mr. Peabody and Sherman" comes out March 7th; "Muppets Most Wanted" comes out March 21st)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've no idea.

I like Mr. Peabody's redesign, and how non-intrustive it is. I'm just disappointed it;s taking so darn long for a trailer. That's not a good sign.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I've no idea.

I like Mr. Peabody's redesign, and how non-intrustive it is. I'm just disappointed it;s taking so darn long for a trailer. That's not a good sign.
I guess Dreamworks is a little more cautious seeing as Turbo didn't do so hot for them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw the preview for HTTYD, though. That comes out later.

I don't see how not releasing a trailer yet is cautious so much as stupid, and wanting the project to fail.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I just recently noticed about the Dudley Do-Right movie? Snidely's sidekick's name is clearly Homer, yet during the end titles, the character is listed in the cast credits as Howard.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
In the end, the trailer could be a minute-and-a-half of fart jokes and it movie would still be on my must see list.

Five words: Mel Brooks as Sigmund Freud.

That alone should be worth the price of a ticket.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dreamworks stopped doing Fart Jokes before the Shrek franchise ended.

I have high hopes for this movie because it wasn't made over 10 years ago and doesn't feature a real dog as Mr. Peabody. And something tells me, had Rocky and Bullwinkle been moderately successful, that could have happened.

The Jay Ward films ranged from actually good to...eh. I really liked the Bullwinkle film, warts and all, and George of the Jungle was actually quite good. Especially considering they took a generic Tarzan parody and then retrofitted it with Jay Ward style bits and it's still fairly accurate (minus hair cuts, that is).

Then there's Dudley Do-Right. A movie where only the bad guy (and maybe the guy playing Inspector Fenwick) know what the source material was. It had potential, but in the end a weak script with barely that much Jay Ward style humor that took place at the wrong part of the 20th century killed it. It's not a terrible film, but something you only want to see once.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The second issue's in this solicitation

I can't wait to see the Bullwinkle series they plan on doing. Hopefully these Peabody and Sherman comics do well. Most of the R&B comics have been great, from Gold Key to Marvel. Except that crappy Dudley Do-Right comic that just retold episodes of the series wrong, and clearly by ear.