Where's the love for Rocky and Bullwinkle?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I just wonder.

If the Peabody and Sherman movie is successful enough, will that bring interest back into the characters? AS I stated in another thread, there's going to be a comic book... seems like there's going to be a good revival of these characters somehow.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I do know that there's going to be a cgi short with Rocky and Bullwinkle before the movie starts. And there thinking if this does well there might be a Rocky and Bullwinkle cgi movie too.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well this would be all CGI and not CGI with live action actors. Purely CGI.

Edit: And i know alot of people thought it was stupid but i really enjoyed it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I do know that there's going to be a cgi short with Rocky and Bullwinkle before the movie starts. And there thinking if this does well there might be a Rocky and Bullwinkle cgi movie too.
Deep down, that's the plan. If Peabody and Sherman is successful, but they've got movies lined up until 2016, not to mention how long it takes to work on one of these things.

Personally, if they're going for Classic Media characters who deserve a second chance at a movie, they really need to reboot Underdog. Disney's film was an abomination. If we can have 2 Hulk films in less than 5 years, we definitely need to bring the character back from the agonizing death of the movie's deserved failure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Edit: And i know alot of people thought it was stupid but i really enjoyed it.
I did as well, but unfortunately, I had seen that movie BEFORE I ever saw the show, but the movie I liked well enough to check the show out, and I loved the show even more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really did enjoy the Bullwinkle movie. I liked George of the Jungle a little more, but the Bullwinkle movie really really tried to be as faithful to the show as possible. And as I always said, that freaking studio mandated girl character threw the balance off. You see all these cartoon based movies which are close enough or in name only... then there's something like Popeye, Speed Racer, or this which tries as hard as it can to be accurate to some degree, and then there's the ones that just say "Hey! We acquired the rights to X, let's hire people that don't even know the show exists to write it/use an existing script for something barely similar." And they're BOTH panned.

A R&B movie is in Dreamworks's long long long term plans it seems. I don't know what the heck else they plan to do with the Classic Media properties. Though, if they reboot Casper, they better the shell get Fatso, Stinky, and Stretch back. They're the only thing I ever liked about Casper.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I watched the show on nickelodeon way before the movie. So when i heard about a movie was like AWSOME! My friend (who came down every summer to stay with their granparents) i asked him if he had seen it yet or heard about it he was like yea kinda cool he said but he wasn't much into the show (as i was still into cartoons) but it was cool to know that he remembered acting out our own Rocky and Bullwinkle adventures back in the day.