Where's the Fun and Creativity?

Hubert

Reaction score
Truth be told, I love to indulge myself in old stuff from MC's past. I do it a lot, in fact. And the more I do it, the more it becomes plain to me this observation (maybe Ed was on the right track when he wanted me to observe things :stick_out_tongue:): MC has lost much of its fun and creativity.

Now, before I go any further here, I want to make this plain: I'm not trying to create any sort of "everything sucks" rant thread. I more so would like to see MC get back on track with where it once was in terms of this subject. You might call be a newbie, and someone who is standing out of their place by saying this, but personally, I feel like it's something that needs to be said.

We're Muppet fans. I think that we should be able to grasp the concept of this. But for some reason, its seems that we can't do that on here. It seems that when we muffin, all it is is a bunch of sarcastic one liners aimed at other people in good fun. Even the crazy thread seems to be a bunch of adlkjsglk jargon.

I used to think that this was great, until I started reading back. I started watching the forum's olden days, where people ran around throwing muffins at each other and putting jello down each other's pants. Creative muffining like this was actually encouraged and nurtured, yet now it seems like everyone runs around and points fingers at people who do that, to the point where it has become a federal crime. Sure, there is a lot of creative output around, which is evident in our fan fiction, games, and art. But overall, I feel like the forum is lacking the crazy, good fun that it once had. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather have a muffining where we run around and throw boomerang fish than one where we have a dreary talk about playground equipment, and then complain about the non-durablity of it.

The Muppets are the most prime examples of crazy fun, yet all we seem to do is run around and complain about things and yell at people. When the Muppets have a problem, they throw a few chickens up in the air and yell "Halleluiah for life!" rather than having a debate about the most miniscule issue. Shouldn't we be carrying on where the old-timers left off and continue the Muppet legacy?

Of all things, in the olden days, thread hijacking was renamed "muffining." Yet for some reason I feel that if the current community was left to name thread hijacking, we would name it some stupid thing like thrijacking. I feel like the creativity valves are shut on this forum. This whole forum feels like it's been turned into one big serious place where we discuss politics and 90s cartoons. There doesn't seem to be much room for fun anymore. Too much of real life seems to have soaked in and cleaned up all the craziness that once occupied this URL. What happened to that? Aren't we, as Muppet fans, supposed to be putting ourselves in weird situations and throwing things at each other?

This feels like I'm just reiterating the MC Revival over, but I personally would like it if we could start throwing muffins again! Start running around throwing pillows at each other and shooting cannons at each other and stealing Muppet artifacts and playing the saxophone on a tightrope while wearing a tutu and putting a creme pie in someone's face and balancing spoons on our noses and throwing penguins at each other!

Now I'm sure people will call me a ranter and a liar and someone bringing negativity to the forum and a person who has no rights to speak and I feel confident that someone is going to spank me like a bad, bad donkey. But I don't know about you, but I'd much rather play ping-pong in Groucho Marx glasses than discuss the political correctness of an 80s movie.

In short, I miss the craziness I never knew.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm only a new member myself so I don't feel I have a right to really say much on this however I do think there are some members here who have way too many sticks up their butts. Or when you first join they make you feel less then welcome and treat you like you don't belong.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy my time here because I have gotten to meet some really great people. But I just feel even some members tend to be disrepectful and jump on other members because their views aren't the same as theirs. Particuarly the political ones. Everyone has a right to an opinon on whatever they want but I feel sometimes people here aren't sensitive to other's feelings or don't even care. And before anyone says "well no one is twisting your arm to stay here" once again I say I really have a great time here but some people just need to learn to lightend up some and have some fun.

That's why I just tend to stay in the "Crazy" thread a lot because even though it's nothing but senseless daklskjs at least we all can just goof around and not worry about someone coming in and yelling at us for just goofing around there's already enough seriousness to deal with in the world.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I 100% agree with this thread. I was thinking the exact same thing. There's so much complainig about muffining and there are so many rules.
It's like it's a federal crime around here. I mean, it's still a lot of fun around here, but I find it a little less.
I just think we gotta stop worrying about muffining and all.

Hubert

Reaction score
And yet at the same time, I feel like we should tweak our muffining a bit if we are going to muffin...and make it more, well, fun. I think that a lot of life has left muffining...it is called "muffining" of all things, for a reason.

Hubert

Reaction score
I dunno, to me personally, I feel like rather than just throwing these one-liners around and such, we should be doing more Muppety things, if we are going to muffin.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I can see not muffining to a certain point because I'm sure member's don't wanna scroll through a bunch of rambling when they just wanna see what people had to say on a particular topic but I feel there's a polite way to tell people as well. I've seen some members here jump on others for it when some might not even know what their doing.

Like in threads where were talking about the new Muppet Movie those shouldn't really be for muffining. But some of the other ones as long as their not "one liners" like "yeah" or "no" then it's just people having a fun conversation. In the frowning thread and anxiety thread I think those can be excused from muffining because they tend to be more serious but...the others I don't see anything wrong with it.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Yes but we can't fill a thread with chickens it blow it up whilst wrestling a brick...or am I losing the gist of this

Hubert

Reaction score
I kinda think that no one is grasping the point of this thread...I'm not trying to tackle muffining as an issue, but rather the fact that MC seems to be using its sense of humor and craziness that separates it from the rest of the world.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I can see not muffining to a certain point because I'm sure member's don't wanna scroll through a bunch of rambling when they just wanna see what people had to say on a particular topic but I feel there's a polite way to tell people as well. I've seen some members here jump on others for it when some might not even know what their doing.

Like in threads where were talking about the new Muppet Movie those shouldn't really be for muffining. But some of the other ones as long as their not "one liners" like "yeah" or "no" then it's just people having a fun conversation. In the frowning thread and anxiety thread I think those can be excused from muffining because they tend to be more serious but...the others I don't see anything wrong with it.
Pinky, you made some goods points there. True, so maybe muffining over a certain point shouldn't be allowed. Which is true, becuase truthfully, I don't just want to read an entire page of stuff that's there. I don't know how to solve that.

In certain threads, people really shouldn't care. Like in the 1000 Posts thread, I think we've declared that as a Muffin, there's no such thing as muffining in that thread, and if there was, it'll be a really boring thread, becuase we'd just be saying how much posts we're up to, and if the entire thread is dedicated to that, I'd find that boring.