Where's the cheapest place to buy "The Foam Book"?

HandySam

Reaction score
Where's the cheapest place to buy "The Foam Book Video"?

You can find The Foam Book Video by Grey Seals everywhere on the net but where is the cheapest place you have found it? Save us some clicking and typing and post a link here please. Thanks! :wink:

Iron-Fan

Reaction score
i saw it on Amazon and Grey seal. Amazon was more expensive than buying direct from Grey Seal, a copy might turn up on ebay...there are the two videos on there at the moment..But I'd buy direct from Grey Seal...it was worth the money and they are friendly and helpful guys..... :smile:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Yes. I see that now thanks. It's $22.50 for each movie and $15 for the book but $50 for the whole lot. Not a bad deal. Well then theres S&H.

Jinx

Reaction score
Worth the $$$

I bought mine directly through the Grey Seal site. I got both videos and the book. Even though I will more than likely never use their "nip-and-tuck- method, I still count it as a bargain to have gotten this much USEABLE information for $50.

When you consider the information based on so many years of experience that these folks are offering, it really is an extremely reasonable price to pay.

You could easily waste this much on materials alone if you were to just experiment for yourself!

HandySam

Reaction score
Jinx said:
I bought mine directly through the Grey Seal site. I got both videos and the book. Even though I will more than likely never use their "nip-and-tuck- method, I still count it as a bargain to have gotten this much USEABLE information for $50.

When you consider the information based on so many years of experience that these folks are offering, it really is an extremely reasonable price to pay.

You could easily waste this much on materials alone if you were to just experiment for yourself!
$50 ey? well as much as i've heard about it i'm sure its a good collection of reference. it is too bad there aren't any patterns that come with it. that would be a helpful reference even if it wasn't what u wanted to make. i plan on getting this soon (hopefully) :smirk:

Jinx

Reaction score
Patterns

True, while the book/video do not come with patterns, there are instructions for making your own. The 3 piece head method is a very simple concept that lends itself to many different variations, and several are suggested in both the book and video. You can dummy up a pattern in paper and get a sense of size and shape before you ever cut a piece of foam! I use my left-over christmas wrapping paper for this and it works great! Its a quick and easy way to experiment, and costs next to nothing.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Jinx said:
True, while the book/video do not come with patterns, there are instructions for making your own. The 3 piece head method is a very simple concept that lends itself to many different variations, and several are suggested in both the book and video. You can dummy up a pattern in paper and get a sense of size and shape before you ever cut a piece of foam! I use my left-over christmas wrapping paper for this and it works great! Its a quick and easy way to experiment, and costs next to nothing.
:smirk: hm cool idea. ...thrifty. Puppet building doesnt really make much money so I suppose you have to really use your noodle to save a buck anywhere you can.
I've heard many people say while the foam book is a great reference, they don't care for the 3 peice method. I wonder why (Since I haven't actually tried it yet).

HandySam

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
:smirk: hm cool idea. ...thrifty. Puppet building doesnt really make much money so I suppose you have to really use your noodle to save a buck anywhere you can.
I've heard many people say while the foam book is a great reference, they don't care for the 3 peice method. I wonder why (Since I haven't actually tried it yet).
probably the same reason some folks are lefties and some are righties. huh? what did i just say? anyway probably just a preference like some people like rod arm puppets and some like bunruku style.( I probably didn't spell that right) now i really sound silly! :stick_out_tongue:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
My Foam Book and The Foam Book video series are on the way. I don't expect my ArmsLength stuff to arrive for another month. I did get a "Thank You" letter stating that he received my payment so thats good.