Where were you when Disney bought the Muppets?

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
"I heard the news today, oh boy!
Disney may make a mess of Muppet toys...
Even though the toys, they may be small-
Its just not right...
Why would anybody want a kermit with mouse-ears at all?'"

Beebers

Reaction score
Now I'll be carrying that tune in my mind, lol. Good job. Hey, you only have 600-something posts to go! *tosses rainbow-colored popcorn to GonzoGirl*

:cool:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Teehee...I couldn't resist posting that little parody! :zany:
Yup, I'm getting there...post by post...I've actually posted alot more in just a month's time than I thought I'd be able too...

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I had just gotten home from choir rehearsal, and it was about 9:30 (central). I opened up my iBook and loaded up my daily pages, and saw the headline and picture right here at Muppet Central. Shocked the heck out of me!

Fozzie

Reaction score
I was on this forum browsing and found it. I was very suprised.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was on this forum browsing and found it. I was very suprised.
Such was the case in Memphis, TN, too; except about the same time I discovered it that night ChadKermit and I were talking and BAM! He laid the news on me, and I laid out in shock when I saw it.

My eyes bled for about an hour...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I discovered on this forum too. Actually, I've heard a lot of big news first on this forum. Not surprising for this particuar bit of news, though. It's about as relevant to the site as you can get. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I do like Disney a lot, but I'm not so crazy about some of the aspects of the company lately. I just think it's gotten way too big and out of the realm of Walt's original vision. It could potentially be a good thing, though, for both Disney and the Muppets. I do believe that Eisner really has affection for the Muppets and intends to give them the treatment they deserve. I just hope he doesn't do anything really tacky with them.
Erin

dbarrie

Reaction score
It was during Tuesday evening while browsing through MC.

OI MuppetFan

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Got on the 'net Tuesday night, checking my e-mail. I was scrolling through the LaughingPlace.com newsletter, then saw the headline "Disney to buy Muppets, relaunch on TV." Simple as that, and I was shocked beyond belief. Even more shocked when I understood Disney didn't buy the "Muppets" as in "Jm Henson Company." But they bought the "Muppets" as in "Muppets" FROM The Jim Henson Company, which sort of left a taint on the moment I've been waiting for for 8 years.

Then I hurried on to MC, then TP and other places, and then the post-2/17 world began.

BTW, it was 4 years ago THIS morning we all found out that Henson was getting acquired by EM.TV, the ones who started this whole mess.

DisneyNut

Reaction score
Actualy, I found out on the Disney Nuts board. I'm glad they got it. I think they can do great things with the Muppets (I hope they will start by pulling the Muppets out of Pizza Hut commercials)