Where to Keep Puppets?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I so need to get myself some puppet trees, but until then, I need to find some place nice and safe to keep my puppets.

I forget how I came into possession of this, but Steve D'Monster has a chair... it's a miniature lounge chair that's what call "puppet sized", as I'm able to sit him in it, and it looks good because it really looks like if he's real and really sitting in the chair.

That's what I keep him in to avoid keeping him in his suitcase, not that the suitcase does him any harm, but it does flatten his fur a bit and you really have to brush it out a bit. Other than that, I really have nowhere else to keep my other puppets, and I really need something safe to keep them in, especially since one of them has some wild hair made from stiffened yarn, and I'd really hate for that to get messed up.

I've though about keeping them in a relatively good sized box, and kind of letting their heads dangle over the edges for the time being, anybody else have any ideas?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
A box would be a good idea. I actually made my own puppet rack using a long peace of thin wood and dowels that seeem to work, but that might be more work than you might be up to. I'd put your puppets in a box for now, untill you can find a tree for them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thanks for the link bdsweetie, that'll definitely come in handy.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i may steal this idea myself...aside from the J frog my puppets are in containers...Freddy's just my golden child

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i may steal this idea myself...aside from the J frog my puppets are in containers...Freddy's just my golden child
Well you know, every puppeteer who has created an ensemble of various characters has that one little character who's a bit more special than the rest, whether it's Kermit for Jim, Pufnstuf for Sid and Marty Krofft, Muley for Kev, Steve for me, Freddy for you... I'd be pressed to find a puppet act where there really isn't one particular character who stands out from the others.