"Where the Wild Things Are" Trailer

Kiki

Reaction score
Coolness! I've always loved that book. I heard the movie's gonna be filmed in Aus! :excited: I think..

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I heard the movie's gonna be filmed in Aus!
Gonna be filmed? It's already in the can...they finished filming long ago. Filming began way back in April 2006 at Central City Studios in Melbourne, Australia. And they've been in post-production for almost 2-years now (and apparently the film is now done). The film was original going to come out last October (2008), but due to concerns with the original edit Warner Bros decided to delay release and (for marketing reasons) pushed the release date until October 2009.

beaker

Reaction score
This looks simply visionary...nay, astonishing. My goodness, Spike Jonze with the Jim Henson Creature Shop. I think the delay has been well worth the wait, and I am *so* glad this film looks to be 100% avant garde art house faire. (I can just imagine how sucky it'd be under the usual children's book adaption directors...the monsters would've been all cgi, the look garishly appauling...even Tim Burton woulda screwed it up)

Anyways, this just shot up to my number one film of 2009 to see.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
This looks great--completely not what I was expecting tonally from the trailer. I hope the movie lives up to it!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, Being John Malkovich and Adaptation. were great movies, so hopefully this will be, too. I also like how CGI is only used sparingly. :smile:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
This looks simply visionary...nay, astonishing. My goodness, Spike Jonze with the Jim Henson Creature Shop. I think the delay has been well worth the wait, and I am *so* glad this film looks to be 100% avant garde art house faire. (I can just imagine how sucky it'd be under the usual children's book adaption directors...the monsters would've been all cgi, the look garishly appauling...even Tim Burton woulda screwed it up)

Anyways, this just shot up to my number one film of 2009 to see.
I agree--even as a fan of Tim Burton, his track record for working with established properties (i.e. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) have been a bit lackluster. Jonez really seems on the ball with Wild Things.

Now, I heard the Creature Shop build the monster bodies, but the heads were CGI. Even if this is the case, they do look awesome in the trailer. But can anyone confirm this, or are they all animatronic (which would be the coolest)?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
This does look really cool, and another really nice gold star on the Creature Shop's resumé. I was unaware of this until I read this thread, so now I can't wait!

mr3urious

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Now, I heard the Creature Shop build the monster bodies, but the heads were CGI.
The heads do looks pretty computer-generated to me. They move a little too fluidly to be animatronic.