Where The Wild Things Are Movie

Marky

Reaction score
There are several states which I feel are close cousins to Canada. Vermont, Minnesota and Washington State (or other way around, whatever). Oh, and maybe Colorado. Anytime an American show/performer takes place in/comes from these places, I feel a sense of relating to that place/person.

As for Brian Henson, you've just confirmed it for me, Fozzie ol' bean: He holds the torch for his father's legacy. I'd look to JHC rather than M(ickey)HC for the true 'Muppet Magic'. Just wait!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Is there anyway you could consider Michigan a close cousin of Canada, since that's where I'm from? After all, Detroit butts right up against Windsor!

Marky

Reaction score
Ahh, I thought MI was Minnesota! Detroit and Windsor are practically the same town. Ever seen the largest annual firework fest in the world? The one which takes place in between Canada Day and Independence Day? Yes, yes, Michigan is totally Canadesque! So is Northern California (the redwood parts). And parts of New York State, I suppose.

Funny thing - Toronto gives me the exact opposite feeling!

lowercasegods said:
Is there anyway you could consider Michigan a close cousin of Canada, since that's where I'm from? After all, Detroit butts right up against Windsor!

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
detroit and windser are only like 15 mins away i have family in both

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Yeah, just a quick drive through the tunnel....which makes me extremely claustrophobic! But it's worth it for Canada!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Man. I mean, I love this book, but rully, if I see another sequel, remake, or take from a book...

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I know what you're saying. The Grinch, for example: the story was long enough to allow for a great animated special, but man, did they ever have to embellish and stretch to make it a full length movie! And in doing so, they lost touch with the original heart of the book, y'know? I guess, though, that if anything, it'd be worth them making a Wild Things movie just to see the Henson people bring the monsters to life.

Marky

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
I know what you're saying. The Grinch, for example: the story was long enough to allow for a great animated special, but man, did they ever have to embellish and stretch to make it a full length movie! And in doing so, they lost touch with the original heart of the book, y'know? I guess, though, that if anything, it'd be worth them making a Wild Things movie just to see the Henson people bring the monsters to life.

Naughty, cynical baby! Negative vibes give you felt-fingered jibes!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Reviving this old thread with new goodness!

:search: New Clip and Report on Rotten Tomatoes

There be a clip! It's just a screentest, but if Jonze thinks this is "cringey" the final piece will look amazing. Early audience tests have reportedly been of ignorant people who think it's too scary. Of course it is! Have they read the book? :insatiable:

Spike Jonze is hit or miss with me. Not much middle ground there, but this looks promising! :coy:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
If the Wild Things look even remotely like the one in the clip, I CAN'T WAIT!

Cool that it's "too scary" as well. Can't go wrong by staying true to the book.