Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohtherain

Reaction score
He was Beaker at the Webby awards. Definitely Steve, judging by the characterization and voice. Couldn't be anyone else. Kismet the Toad first appeared on America's Got Talent as we all know.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
OK:

I spoke with the 'Henson Company' New York office earlier today and they 'believe' Whitmire is still doing Kermit, but they're not certain as to why he was not at the MTV awards...

The IMDB on him indicates that he did 'STATLER' last March 20th
on the Jimmy Fallon Show/NBC:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0926209

Was that IT for Steve?...there's more -
- as someone from that office should e-mail me back on this by Weds
So far, that's sounds positive. I think.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... I rather think DW's theory is quite plausible. Remember the whole Underfaker farse from 1994 with Leslie Nielsen sleuthing the whereabouts of the real Phenom vs. the impostor? Well, I think he's hit on something here. But why Kismit the Toad? Faux Kermit's real name should be Dermit the Frog. Look it up at the Talk Soup Wiki. Yeah, the version hosted by John "Skunk Boy" Henson who kept getting his name confused with Jim's.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I think im gonna go to my original theory, its it 50th bday this year maybe he took the month off ,spending it doing something awesome, he deserves it,and he knows nothing about this

tomahawk

Reaction score
At this point I really want Mr. Whitmire to be o.k. That's what I want to hear.:sympathy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Okay, i have a new theory about where Steve is - it's completely whacked-out, highly unlikely, totally out-of-left-field but it's certainly better than a lot more somber, worry-inducing realistic ideas running through our heads at the moment so if this eases anyone's mind for a brief milisecond or makes someone smile for the first time when thinking about this whole situation so be it...

When all is said and done, maybe this will all turn out to be one huge multi-media cross promotion with Boom!'s Muppet Show Comic Book which currently features a Kermit imposter skulking about the theatre. Faux Kermit is going beyond the comic pages and actually making his way onto the tv screens fooling his colleagues (as on AGT) if not totally convincing the hardcore Muppet fans in the audience and also engaging in some rather extreme unlikely endulgences like stepping out as Lady Gaga's VMA date (while "real" Kermit was at D23 the same weekend).

Then down the line, Faux Kermit makes one more appearance on a big highly rated tv show and midway through, the real Kermit inturupts him demanding to know what he thinks he's doing...and the audience learns that they can read about what's been going on with this rogue Kermit in the latest issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book. No one is commenting on where Steve is so as to not spoil the surprise and indeed allows the fans to generate buzz that works its way into other blogs or entertainment news sources about how Muppet fans are panicked because they've noticed an imposter Kermit! Steve comes back out of hiding with the real Kermit (which will coincide nicely with the release of Pegleg Wilson #4) and all is right in the world again!

...Just a guess...don't mind me...
Well, the Muppets are supposed to be on AGT again this week, right? That'd make one heck of a finale!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think im gonna go to my original theory, its it 50th bday this year maybe he took the month off ,spending it doing something awesome, he deserves it,and he knows nothing about this
Yeah. That's what I was thinking too. Hopefully, that's what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.