Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
that doesnt make me feel any better
That actually sounds more ominous. I just hope that that person was basically giving a standard answer for "I dunno! beats the frog out of me!" :concern:

By the way, Artie Esposito is a member here at Muppet central.
Exactly why i'd hate to think that we're making him feel bad about it. I mean, it's not easy being green... guy's just starting out and already he has the biggest character on his arm. I'm sure he'll chime in and say what's going on at some point.

And I have to say (another hypothetical) if I were a Muppeteer, I would HATE to have to been assigned Kermit... I just couldn't do it. Even if I was capable of giving a 100% perfect Jim Henson quality voice, chemistry, performance, and characterization, I'd never want that. Steve had issues with taking up Kermit at the very beginning... who wouldn't? it's a very personal character, and it was all Jim. That's the reason why we haven't heard much out of Rowlf, and why it took them 10 years to get Guy Smiley back on Sesame Street. It's tough. I don't want him to feel discouraged at all... I wanna see Steve back as Kermit as much as everyone else, don't get me wrong... I just wanna see him stick to it just in case. Who knows? With a little more practice and time he could be great at it. Like getting into a new pair of shoes... they don't feel right until you wear them out.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
if Artie is reading, i do respect him,and at the VMA's he did look a little better those are some big flippers to fill, i think it is more a shock, if artie is the new Kermit for whatever reason more props to him, im more just concered about steve and wonder where he is

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, like I said. There's really nothing against Artie. It's just not the Kermit we've known for years since after Henson's death. Artie, if you do read these posts, we want you to know we respect you and all. Maybe you can fill us in as to where Steve has been.

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
I just spoke with The Jim Henson Company's public relations
and they didn't know the answer YET...but they said they
would look into it anyway for me - regardless as to them not owning
the Muppets anymore...

It'll take a little more time to get an answer - I have faith!
:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yikes - now that's scary if Henson Co (or at least the public relations dept) doesn't even know what's going on...even if they no longer own the Muppets, they own Fraggle Rock which has its own relaunch plans, so one would think they'd have very close tabs on Steve.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Okay, i have a new theory about where Steve is - it's completely whacked-out, highly unlikely, totally out-of-left-field but it's certainly better than a lot more somber, worry-inducing realistic ideas running through our heads at the moment so if this eases anyone's mind for a brief milisecond or makes someone smile for the first time when thinking about this whole situation so be it...

When all is said and done, maybe this will all turn out to be one huge multi-media cross promotion with Boom!'s Muppet Show Comic Book which currently features a Kermit imposter skulking about the theatre. Faux Kermit is going beyond the comic pages and actually making his way onto the tv screens fooling his colleagues (as on AGT) if not totally convincing the hardcore Muppet fans in the audience and also engaging in some rather extreme unlikely endulgences like stepping out as Lady Gaga's VMA date (while "real" Kermit was at D23 the same weekend).

Then down the line, Faux Kermit makes one more appearance on a big highly rated tv show and midway through, the real Kermit inturupts him demanding to know what he thinks he's doing...and the audience learns that they can read about what's been going on with this rogue Kermit in the latest issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book. No one is commenting on where Steve is so as to not spoil the surprise and indeed allows the fans to generate buzz that works its way into other blogs or entertainment news sources about how Muppet fans are panicked because they've noticed an imposter Kermit! Steve comes back out of hiding with the real Kermit (which will coincide nicely with the release of Pegleg Wilson #4) and all is right in the world again!

...Just a guess...don't mind me...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...Just a guess...don't mind me...
You know, I actually had that same speculation... but I highly doubt it. :stick_out_tongue: I'd be REALLY glad if that WAS what was going on though.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well given this theory, and in support of the Steve Whitmire Petition and "one Muppet, one voice", until we find out what's going on with Steve i am hereby referring to substitute Kermit as "Kismet the Toad" and encourage others to do the same!

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
Follow-up

OK:

I spoke with the 'Henson Company' New York office earlier today and they 'believe' Whitmire is still doing Kermit, but they're not certain as to why he was not at the MTV awards...

The IMDB on him indicates that he did 'STATLER' last March 20th
on the Jimmy Fallon Show/NBC:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0926209

Was that IT for Steve?...there's more -
- as someone from that office should e-mail me back on this by Weds

Status
Not open for further replies.