Where is sesame street located?

Hilly880

Reaction score
Can someone tell me where sesame street is located?
and how can I get some copies of past episodes.

Is there someone who actually is inside Big Birds costume?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Sesame Street is set in New York.

Big Bird is played by Carroll Spinney (though there is a new guy who now does Big Bird some of the time, but his name escapes me at the moment). Yes, Carroll Spinney is inside the Big Bird Costume.

You can tape some past episodes off the cable channel Noggin (they air old episodes under the title 123 Sesame Street). There are a ton of videos available that feature sketches and cartoons from old episodes as well-- try just about any toy or video store.

If you are interested in learning more about Sesame Street, I recommend the book Sesame Street Unpaved and the A&E Biography video on Sesame Street (available from the Biography web site, I believe that is biography.com).

Hope that helps.

Hilly880

Reaction score
I appeciate the responce thank you..I also asked where is it on location? Is Sesame Street filmed in California where most shows are filmed. I don't know what Channel Noggin is..Where can I find a picture of Carol Spinney?

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
Sesame Street is set in New York.

Big Bird is played by Carroll Spinney (though there is a new guy who now does Big Bird some of the time, but his name escapes me at the moment). Yes, Carroll Spinney is inside the Big Bird Costume.

Hope that helps.
The new guy in the bird suit is called Matt Vogel. Just remember, folks, Vogel is German for "bird".

Splurge

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hilly880
I appeciate the responce thank you..I also asked where is it on location? Is Sesame Street filmed in California where most shows are filmed. I don't know what Channel Noggin is..Where can I find a picture of Carol Spinney?
Sesame Street is shot (the Muppets and street sequences, anyway) in New York City. The studio is Kaufman Studios in Astoria, Queens, the same studio which provided space for both "The Cosby Show" and even later, "Cosby".

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
As far as what channel Noggin is, that will vary depending on the cable provider. You have to do a little leg work. Look in your local TV Guide. Or go to noggin.com/getnoggin and enter your zip code, they'll tell you whether it is available where you live and what channel it is on.

There are pictures of Carroll Spinney in Sesame Street Unpaved and interview clips with him in the A&E Sesame Street Biography. Someone else may know of some on-line. (BTW, he also voices Oscar the Grouch)