Where in the world is Antron Fleece?

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get my hands on some? Everyone is out and I need some for a project- it has to be white so I can dye it. Please email me at tom@thecreatureworks.ca if you have some or know of someone who can sell me some.

charlie bird

Reaction score
some where over the rainbow......I looked every where that they would ussually have it and it doesnt exist.......sorry I'm right there with ya on that

Knucklehead

Reaction score
I can't stop crying !

I'm in Desperate need of 4 yards If anyone has lead Please share.
I have a email that went over to gastage.No word yet
Yikers!

fragglerockr

Reaction score
Antron fleece...

When I inquired about Antron from ga stage in December I was told middle of January. :mad:

Melonpool

Reaction score
When I inquired in July they said August. By September, I canceled my order.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't I read on here somewhere that antron fleece was no longer being manufactured? :confused:

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
Didn't I read on here somewhere that antron fleece was no longer being manufactured? :confused:
Really? I think you are confused with the posting about the old version of Antron not being manufactured anymore. I emailed the folks at Georgia Theatre and they stated that they are still waiting from their supplier...I'm still waiting.

If Antron no longer exists- today is a sad day. :frown:

spcglider

Reaction score
From what I understand (please correct any inaccuracies):

The REPLACEMENT type of Antron Fleece is available on a limited basis... occasionally from the fabric mill that owns the license rights to manufacture it.

Years ago, the Pepsi Company bought the Antron Fiber Company. In order to cut operating costs, the new ownership cancelled manufacture of everything except carpet fiber. That included the original "formulation" of antron fleece fabric.

Rumor has it that The Muppets bought up every last available bolt of the original fabric. True or not, you can see the logic in that.

Another company (I'm assuming a fabric mill) bought the rights to produce a very similar fabric (similar because the original fiber was no longer available to make it from). That is what I call REPLACEMENT fleece.

This fabric's use in industry is no longer what it once was (I'm told it was used in cars? But I'm not certain about that). So the demand for it has waned considerably... making it something that isn't worth manufacturing in massive amounts. Thus our continuing shortage. And the reason its only made in smaller batches now.

The mill does runs of the fabric on occasion, and that's when it becomes available. So it's going to be a matter of keeping highly attuned to the folks at Georgia Stage (pretty much the only distributor that I know of) and plan your commitment in advance. If you place an order, there'll eventually be enough orders to justify a run.

Sorry, but that's the way it goes.

If you're in a position to do so, you can order an entire 50+ yard bolt of the fabric and have your own supply. A bolt costs about $600. But at this point, you'll probably be waiting on another mill run.

My other suggestion is to start looking out there... seek alternatives to make your puppets from. Because I guarantee you... this problem won't be changing any time soon being that it's only consistent use is by puppteers making Muppet-inspired puppets.