where did Pepe come from?

KingPrawn

Reaction score
Pepe has quickly become my favorite muppet.
When did he first appear? I first saw him in muppets from space.
Since then, I have only seen him in a long john silvers commercial and the MMCM.
has he made any other appearances?

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
i dont know but he is to me the other rizzo of the muppets

Marvin Suggs

Reaction score
Pepe first appeared on "Muppets Tonight" with his no-longer-seen sidekick, Seymour the elephant.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i think you need to talk to mommy and daddy prawn about that one:big_grin:

Sarah

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Pepe's journey is a tale of great expectations.

the young prawn escaped from a boat off Nantucket Island. made his way to the mainland and began his career in acting at the Fargo school in Oklahoma.

His one prawn Broadway show "i am prawn" opened to an audience of one(a critic) who gave such a bad review that the show was closed before the start of the second act.

if you look in the widescreen special edition directors cut dvd version of Forrest Gump, you can see Pepe's hand in the right corner of your screen when Forrest & Lieut. Dan catch their first LARGE batch of shrimp.

he was part of a cocktail in Goodfellas but that wonderful scene involving Joe Pesci & Pepe was deleted and no one has seen that particular portion film since it hit the cutting room floor. it may have disappear or been locked away in a vault never to bee seen again. a mystery? a scandal? the world may never know.

in Scream 2, pepe played the part of a salt & pepper shaker( he was the salt shaker) during a vicious cooking scene.... but that scene was cut for time contraints.

Pepe had many failed attempts at success. who would have thought that a chance meeting with a frog on a bicycle, two bears, five chickens and a ..a um..whatever, would have altered his career forever.

and THAT is how Pepe came to be.

:wink: :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
i've actually read some interview with him...but i can't find it again

Sarah

Pepe i mean

beaker

Reaction score
It's funny, the only time I read Pepe's origin was on a Long John Silver's tray liner a year ago...I think I sent it to Jackie though for further inspection:wink:

However, if you go to www.henson.com and look under 'characters' under Muppets there should be a little thing about our beloved King Prawn...just dont go to muppets.com looking for any Pepe stuff...

theyre banner still reads 'Happy 1989 Patrons!'.

...and

*tumbleweeds*

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
hold the phone..... do you mean seymour and pepe are officially not sidekicks anymore?? because i will start crying right now.

CousinLuke

Reaction score
do you mean seymour and pepe are officially not sidekicks anymore??
I do not belive it has been officialy announced that they are not sidekicks but when is the last time Pepe has had a scene with Seymour?