Where are the older humans?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Northern Calloway wasn't totally mentally stable. It made sense to let him go. He took it surprisingly well, from what I understand.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
What makes me mad is Luis had just opened the bike shop, so I thought he was being worked back into the show as a more regular charachter, since once again he had a buisness right on the street again. Even without Maria there I could totally see him live on as Luis with the bikeshop.

jonas92

Reaction score
This is kind of like when "Around the Corner" ended, we had to say goodbye to a bunch of human characters, Ruthie, Celina, Carlo, Mr. Handford, etc.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well with Ruthie she was in Season 30 but more as of an insert character. Here's a picture of the cast in season 30:

ssetta

Reaction score
So it's the new executive producer who decided to fire all the older humans?? Well as soon as I find out who it is, I am going to hunt them down and break their ******* NECK off!!!!!!

somethingofafan

Reaction score
So it's the new executive producer who decided to fire all the older humans?? Well as soon as I find out who it is, I am going to hunt them down and break their ******* NECK off!!!!!!
You are speaking in hyperbole, right?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Always keeping it civil, aren't you?

DePingPong

Reaction score
Welp, as the characters on Sesame Street might say, "Asking questions is a good way to find out things. And I did ask a question and I got an answer:
That was kinda hard to read, made me a bit sad. But that's how the cookie crumbles.

And like he said, at least we have 45 years of great shows with them.

wiley207

Reaction score
I had a bad feeling this would eventually happen. Look at most Sesame Street picture books (with a few exceptions) and other pieces of merchandising since the 70s; they mostly only focus on the Muppets. Same with the "Sesame Street Live" shows they've done from 1980 to today; they mostly just star Muppet characters. It's like the Muppets are pretty much taking over "Sesame Street." Now this may be a good thing to some people, and may be bad to some others. I like the Muppet characters and all, but the human Sesame Street cast was also important. I'm going to miss Gordon, Susan, Luis, Bob and Gina (and I already miss Maria.) I bet eventually, they'll get rid of Alan, and have a Muppet character take over Hooper's Store!

It's a far cry from the test pilot, where the only Muppet characters to appear on the show were Ernie and Bert, and in inserts only. But test results showed kids were more interested in the Muppet and cartoon segments than the main street stories that only had the human cast, so they decided to have Muppets live on the Street as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have the strongest feeling that this is mostly due to budget. I still think the big picture isn't so much that the older cast members are being retired because kids would only pay attention to younger cast members, but rather less cast members on the payroll. Mando and Leela's absence is also a thing to note, especially how Mando was part of the huge roll out of the highly publicized Latino casting call. Corners are no doubt being cut these last 2 seasons, even with HBO's money kicking in the filming of season 47. It's not really as sinister as it sounds so much cheap.