When you outgrew Sesame Street...

• Thread starter Philo and Gunge
  • Start date
P

Philo and Gunge

Dantecat said:
Hey Philo and Gunge,Is your Mom Mean? :concern:
She's nice, but firm. On Saturday she said I wasn't allowed to rent SS videos anymore (I rented BBIC from my video store) but then she said that if it was important to me I can still rent them, I only get older material so it is important to me. :wink:

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, from what I was just told, some moms are just like that. But I don't necessarily think that's right. I mean, I do have Asperger's, which is kind of like autism, which may be a reason why I like Sesame Street so much. And, maybe it is a bit immature for this age. But I think it's wrong to be that harsh. What my psychiatrist said is that I should add more shows to my interest, but not give up Sesame Street altogether. He never said that I have to stop watching it. It actually did feel that way, but then I was straightened out that he didn't say that. If someone's mom wants their kid to completely give it up, that may not be a great idea.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I fell sorry for u Philo and Gunge. Its kind of harsh like Ssetta said. I don't want u to think that u should be mad or mean to ur mom but tell her that how u fell about SS and tell her that Jim Henson is a Hero to u. He's to me. Thats how I look at it and it helps. I have a friends mom when-ever a friend comes over or a Mom of that friend she tells them I like Muppets. Which I don't really care what she says. She's telling the truth. Listen If u want I could talk to u mom or let ur mom come into ur room (or wherever the computer is) and let her read some of theses threads. U know if she would let u watch SS she could be harming ur future. I mean if u have kids what if they want u to watch it and u don't want to because of what ur mom told u and u finally forgot about and then u never watched it ever again. Hows that for a bad Future?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Outgrow Sesame Street?

(Buck prepares his best Jon Stewart impersonation)

WHAAAAA?!?!

That's just wrong man, just wrong. Nobody's too old for Sesame Street. :smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
ssetta said:
...I mean, I do have Asperger's, which is kind of like autism, which may be a reason why I like Sesame Street so much. And, maybe it is a bit immature for this age. But I think it's wrong to be that harsh. What my psychiatrist said is that I should add more shows to my interest, but not give up Sesame Street altogether...
At a certain age level you should be watching something other than Sesame Street but I think anyone who suggests watching Sesame Street is harmful is a little out of touch.

Dr. Phil, now there's a dangerous television program. :stick_out_tongue:

jediX

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Nobody's too old for Sesame Street. :smile:
It's the only program I watched as a child that I can still sit down and enjoy to this day.

Beebers

Reaction score
I have never outgrown Sesame and never will. Or anything Henson, for that matter.

And unlike you guys, I didn't grow up on it. Excepting The Muppet Show. Everything else I watched as my son was growing up with it.

:cool: