When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have no idea what's wrong with the Danny Phantom thing, but I applaud Nick for outsourcing the DVD's and not releasing them themselves. They suck at it... HARD. When they first outsourced Invader Zim, we got the entire series with unaired episodes and commentary. While we haven't got anything half as good as that, sure... but the only Zim episode on DVD before that was buried in Chalkzone and Rocket Power. You know how many Fairly Oddparents DVD's I had to buy? I think I own all of them. And the only "Season set" they had was half of Season 6.

The only Season Sets Nick ever did were Spongebob and Ren and Stimpy (during the short lived truce with John K). Even the Avatar DVD's were single disks in expensive collections. And they're pulling that bull with TMNT12. Single...freaking... disks. I don't like how Rocko was censored, but that's Nick's fault for giving SHout those edited master tapes. I wouldn't doubt anything wrong with the DP season 2 was their fault as well... but at least it's something.

CN should outsource its classic shows to someone. I'd love to see Cow and Chicken, or at least I. M. Weasel released in a nice collection. But I do agree... seeing these things online legally or otherwise is hurting the chances of these hitting DVD for us collectors.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Season 1 of DP was a great release. Yeah, it was the bare minimum, but the episodes were in order and it was one set.

Season 2 was split into two parts. The episodes were out of order, and part 1 has the wrong episodes listed on the insert. Also, some episodes are on both sets. All episodes are there, so I can't complain about that at least

Drtooth

Reaction score
Season 2 was split into two parts. The episodes were out of order, and part 1 has the wrong episodes listed on the insert. Also, some episodes are on both sets. All episodes are there, so I can't complain about that at least
I got the Earthworm Jim DVD set... Oh boy... on 2 disks... maybe all three... a huge chunk of episodes were listed completely wrong on the DVD's themselves, causing trial and error to find the right episode I was looking for. It's very disappointing they screwed it up that much, but I'm just very happy that it exists on DVD and overlook it.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Loved Earthworm Jim when I was a lad, I had no idea it was on DVD and put it right in my Amazon Wish List. Had a lot of the action figures, including the redundant "Battle Damaged" and "Deep Sea" figures. I've never had that problem with tv DVDs before. The closest I've come is my copy of The Muppet Show S. 1 not coming with the booklet that lists which episode is on which disk. I had to go through all four disks the other day to find the Harvey Korman episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I overlooked that problem because.. what, like someone else is going to get that license that Universal and Shiny couldn't come to terms with before?

My rant now? Last night, I sat through 2 excruciating hours of Shark Tank for less than a minute of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. I totally forgot why I hate watching reality shows for special guests. They put them on the last minute.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This just got to me...

How come we're the fat country when other countries have fast food items that are far far worse than what we get over here?

McDonald's, the company that got rid of super sizing after that stupid documentary, is releasing a container that's like 2 orders of large fires in Japan... some Middle Eastern country, either Turkey or Egypt got some Pizza Hut Pizza that has cheeseburgers in the crust... and Brittan had one with Hot Dogs in said crust. Meanwhile, we keep getting various types of salads that aren't as healthy as advertised. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sure, those other countries have fast food too, but those countries' traditional diets aren't like ours.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And we are the country with deep fried bacon :/

Ugh...just thinking about it makes me sick

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly. Other countries don't consume tons of fried foods or junk food, yada-yada-yada.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Isn't it really because they get more physical activity in those countries from walking or biking to get around, due to those places being more pedestrian/bike friendly? I mean, look at Japan, for instance.