When you need to rant...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, the first was basically a TV adaptation of the webvideos (like Annoying Orange), but his second show, which just came out last fall, has him playing an alien named Marvin (uh, really? He couldn't play a rabbit named Bugs?).
Oh yeah, that show. I was hoping it wouldn't be a FRED clone but I take it that it is?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The funny thing is, you look at the NBC show Smash and NO ONE likes it. Not even the network. They shove it on the Saturday night death slot. The only reason it got greenlit in the first place was that the guy in charge that week was a Broadway geek. And seriously... NO ONE likes it and it gets terrible ratings.
And too, other networks want their own GLEE, and that's essentially was SMASH is, a Broadway version of GLEE.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And too, other networks want their own GLEE, and that's essentially was SMASH is, a Broadway version of GLEE.
Smash was part Glee, but more over it was a TV clone version of some movie I forget the name of... Oh.. Burlesque with Cher and Christina Agulara. Smash is TOTALLY a ripoff of that one. Much, much moreso than Glee. In fact, just look for Smash on This TV Tropes page about troubled Productions It's third to the bottom... WOW, what a read.

Anyway....

Yeah, the first was basically a TV adaptation of the webvideos (like Annoying Orange), but his second show, which just came out last fall, has him playing an alien named Marvin (uh, really? He couldn't play a rabbit named Bugs?).
I like a good chunk of Sci-Fi based sitcoms. Mork and Mindy, ALF, Third Rock from the Sun, and while I didn't think I'd like it so much to miss it after it's overly too early March finale, The Neighbors. But a good chunk of the rest are complete garbage. The "observing weird human behavior by someone who's even weirder that doesn't know that they're weird and thinks our mundaneness is completely incomprehensibly weird" angle gets tired after a while. As I've always said, everything is a cliche and there's no way to come up with a completely original concept since everything's been done centuries ago. The best you can add is a twist. But it better be one heck of a twist. Even then, it has to be really well done to the point where the cliches are disguised enough, or have been covered by enough good writing that we don't even notice or don't care. Seems like a Fred based alien sitcom is none of that. it's clearly for kids who haven't seen any of the good or even terrible alien sitcoms and can't poke holes in it... but Fred sucks. Even Johnny Test, a cartoon show that gets a lot of hate, basically said he's only popular because he has a squeaky voice.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, so MC now allows for any member to use any or all the Muppet smilies available in any single given post... But hey! Knock off using them all together as a signature! That's incredibly annoying/spammish. :grr:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as they don't have 5 pages worth of Biblical passages in their signature. Didn't we have to shorten signatures just because of that?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno, I'm not the one who would tinker with those settings as it's BTS work.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
While I will agree seeing every smilie in a sig is annoying, why punish the people who can use them properly?