When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sorry... I HAVE to say this... but I get so annoyed when people say, "Unpolitically correct".

"Unpolitically" is NOT a word! There actually is a grammatically correct term for describing something that isn't politically correct: "Politically Incorrect"... why is it so hard for people to say that?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I wish they'd censor stupidity on television. The dirtiest scripted shows are far less damaging than "Splash." The fact there's even a need for a show about F-listers diving pretty much shows that there's something terribly terribly wrong.

Scratch that... the fact there are competing shows where F-listers diving absolutely shows that there's something terrifyingly, horrifically, unabashedly, freaking super duper wrong.
Great news: Splash's ratings are taking a nosedive (hardy har har)! Then again, the execs probably don't give a crap, because saving money is all that matters to them regardless of the show's success! :rolleyes:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-splash-continues-sink-432679

Drtooth

Reaction score
"Unpolitically" is NOT a word! There actually is a grammatically correct term for describing something that isn't politically correct: "Politically Incorrect"... why is it so hard for people to say that?
I hate the term politically correct completely. Here's why.

It tends to mean one of two things. The understandable everything being anal retentive and completely stuck with its head up its butt "let's not offend everyone and clumsily incorporate everyone to the point where it's actually more offensive." Not to mention, let's dumb everything down and make everything safe and healthy for the dumbest common duh-nominator... and for just a touch of ego. And then the dark, seedy, completely perfectly not racist, racist reason. Of note "Y no black face in cartoons no more?"

Guess which one bigots claim to spread the message of the other? The innocent one. We need a NEW term to separate annoying examples of overzealous censorship (like that whole "Holiday Tree" garbage, not to mention refusing to put cartoon characters on cereal and candy, and everything else that falls into the umbrella) from the "HEY! Let's use racial slurs to hurt people because our lives suck just that much, and I can't stand someone being happy that isn't me" mind blowing bigotry.

I propose Anal Retentively correct.

REAL Political correctness isn't a bad thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great news: Splash's ratings are taking a nosedive (hardy har har)! Then again, the execs probably don't give a crap, because saving money is all that matters to them regardless of the show's success! :rolleyes:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-splash-continues-sink-432679
Hate to double post, but I want to add to this too without making the last one a book.

Considering half of everyone got injured (and if it was just Louie, you could clumsily fashion that into a tired fat joke), I'm not surprised. But the real matter is, Splash got good ratings the first episode because of the whole same ironic train wreck crap that reality TV gets it's fuel from. And then, every single episode consists of people talking about diving and diving. There's absolutely no point to watch more that one episode since there's nothing that could be done to spice up the completely idiotic concept. They just dive and talk about it... for an hour. It would have been better an idea as a special, but other than that... very stupid to make a show that formulaic.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Maybe we need to turn off the tv for a while and go out and get some fresh air.
(But you didn't hear that from me!)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
If anyone does decide to go outside, watch out for the bugs!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons why I never go outside during the months of April through October.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
We had an unusually cold day today. I enjoyed seeing all those green caterpillar that I was ranting about dead on the ground. So there's hope :stick_out_tongue:

But seriously, going outside for me during summer months is an absolutely terrifying experience. Especially with a bush right in front of our house that swarms with bees...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate those bushes with the shiny, waxy leaves (y'know, the pointy-edged ones), they ALWAYS attract wasps... but then again, parked cars attract wasps, for some reason.