When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just hate bugs of all kinds.

Like I said, this is, unfortunately, that time of year where you SERIOUSLY can NOT leave your door open for ONE second, without a fly or two racing into your house!

I was at Burger King for lunch the other day, and there were HUGE bumble bees just buzzing around all over the parking lot, even one guy who was leaving had to wait for a minute, because he saw a big bumble bee buzzing around right there at the door.

You stand outside for a relatively good amount of time, and you've got mosquitoes biting you.

Luckily, the place we live in now is a lot more modern and well-built, so we don't have any major bug problems (save for the occasional earwig) like we had at the last two apartments we lived in, where all summer long, we dealt battle with katydids, FLYING cockroaches, silverfish, among other pests.

And worst of all... once summer comes along, there's the cicadas... those GODAWFUL mutant bugs that have THE MOST annoying sounds you have EVER heard! All night longs! RRRRREEEERRRREEEERRRREEEEERRRREERRRR! It drives you insane! Apparently, people in the north don't have to put up with them, but down here in the south... grr!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
People in the north don't have to put up with them because there aren't any trees for them to live in :stick_out_tongue:

But if you go to some place thats a forest area, yeah you have them. I went to summer camp and you couldn't walk anywhere without seeing the shells all over

Drtooth

Reaction score
We get cicadas too. Lots of them. They say there's going to be an infestation this year.

Personally, i hate the extremely tiny black dot bugs I keep getting in my house. They do no damage, they're not awful... but they always pop up somewhere.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why people keep calling them "13/15/17/whatever-teen-Year Cicadas" when they come EVERY SINGLE FRICKEN YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR!?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
We get cicadas too. Lots of them. They say there's going to be an infestation this year.

Personally, i hate the extremely tiny black dot bugs I keep getting in my house. They do no damage, they're not awful... but they always pop up somewhere.
You mean those bugs that kinda look like an oddly shaped teardrop and they are about the size of a hole punch?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're far more microscopic than that.

They're small round shaped things about the size of this punctuation . If anything they're barely twice as big.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hm...not sure if I've ever seen those. The thing I'm talking about is a species of stinkbug from some other country that's infested certain areas. And apparently they are attracted to white. I THINK they are more common in the southern states.

There was an episode of Infested on Animal Planet about them...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've had stinkbug infestations before, I think in 2009 and 2010, they were particularly bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hm...not sure if I've ever seen those. The thing I'm talking about is a species of stinkbug from some other country that's infested certain areas. And apparently they are attracted to white. I THINK they are more common in the southern states.

They're not menacing or dangerous at all. Not even a real nuisance... They just appear out of no where. One day, I'll just randomly see one. I have no idea what they are. They just look like tiny moving black dots.

And, uh... half the time I see them, they're dead anyway.