When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Naw, I actually had a feeling someone was going to crack a joke about the band. :stick_out_tongue:

Besides, if Peter Gabriel isn't interested, we could always ask Phil Collins, couldn't we?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Did you know, way back in 1970, when Sid and Marty Krofft were in London casting for The Bugaloos, Phil auditioned? He didn't get the part, so he settled for drumming with Genesis instead. Not a bad consolation prize.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey, next to Jim Henson, the Krofft brothers are among my biggest heroes and influences as a puppeteer, so yeah, I'm aware of that.

I did recently learn that apparently, Sid & Marty wanted to do both a second season AND a movie for The Bugaloos, but were unable to because the actors returned to London against the Kroffts' wishes, and Columbia Pictures went bankrupt and shelved all of the projects that were in development (including The Bugaloos movie).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's my rant.

I'm SICK of getting microscopic splinters in my foot! Especially under layers of dead skin. I gotta take a belt sander to the floors over here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It happens the one time I don't. And in places where the floor doesn't look especially bad. I got a really big bad one in my hand grabbing something with a wooden handle (can't remember if it was a broom or shovel)... hurt like you'd expect, but it was large enough to get out easily. The small ones that come from who knows where, I have to dig for.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Those splinters can be nasty, especially if they get infected.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
GAH!!!

I hate when I happen to see I have comments on YT from people who are like, "Are you going to answer my question?", "Have you read my comments yet?", "Could you please reply to my comment?" WHEN I DON'T EVEN KNOW I HAVE COMMENTS BECAUSE YOUTUBE DOESN'T SEND OUT NOTIFICATIONS ANYMORE! I honestly have NO idea why YT got rid of that feature when it was EXTREMELY useful! The only time I may even know about new comments is if I get a new PM from someone (those they still send notifications for), then see in addition to the new PM, I also have like umpteen comments that I didn't even know about.

I know YT switched to this crappy new format a long time ago, but it just keeps getting more and more frustrating, this makes all of the other previous new formats they came out with laughable in comparison to all the headaches the current one is causing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a short one...

Keep in mind, I'm a collector of Kid's meal premiums. And avid one, as long as the license is solid (I don't just collect anything). So it won't come off strange. Just saying...

When did Burger King Kid's Meals slogan become "Screw the collectible prize! YOU CAN DRAW ON THE BOX!!!!!!" I've seriously never seen a kid's meal absolutely tout the virtues of the crappy box it comes in (except for when KFC made the switch). They had a so-so Nintendo promotion last November, and that was the last GOOD one they've had since the Simpsons Halloween promotion the year before. They used to have some really good stuff. When Iron Man 2 came out, they had this very large snap together Iron Man figure that was like 6 or 7" tall. Now they don't even advertise what they have, and their prizes are so pathetic now you get an option of 3 other things besides the prize. REALLY?!

McDonald's is the only place that even has a competent kid's meal prize anymore. That's sad...

again, to a collector that likes to collect them.