When you need to rant...

ncchuck

Reaction score
I never heard of The Nude Bomb until you just mentioned it...I gotta watch that. But it's weird that 99 would be missing from that...they kinda pushed her to become the main character, and don't they end up getting married?

I remember reading, the original script to the three part episode, "A Man Named Smart" (season 2) was originally supposed to be a script for a Get Smart movie, but was changed in the end to a 3 part episode.
yes agent 99 and 86 get married and have twins. I have been a fan of the original show but did not enjoy the movie I even liked the newer series get smart again with max as the chief and andy dick as their son

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
You're a fan too? That's great to hear! I never saw past a few first episodes in season four, so I didn't actually see them getting married.

I still have to see Get Smart Again, as well as The Nude Bomb. Are they on DVD?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nude Bomb is. At least it was. I have it. It's alright, but kinda uneven. And for some reason 99 is completely missing and never even referenced. Can't remember if the Chief was in it either. The big budget movie is better.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The 2008 one wasn't that bad. It was a big letdown, I had a few complaints, but overall, it was a great modern version of Get Smart. It had some great funny moments, and also delivered great fan moments.
I can't think of anyone better to cast than Steve Carrell in the place of Maxwell Smart after Don Adams.

I'm still looking for the Nude Bomb. Maybe I'll watch it online...

ncchuck

Reaction score
You're a fan too? That's great to hear! I never saw past a few first episodes in season four, so I didn't actually see them getting married.

I still have to see Get Smart Again, as well as The Nude Bomb. Are they on DVD?
yep they are both on dvd get smart again is really short 1 dvd just a few episodes. the nude bomb is a little of a let down but ok i think its on netflix (not sure). yea been a fan since i caught it on nick at night years ago.the new movie just didnt mesh with me but thats just me :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
I should start watching more Get Smart. I'm some amount of a fan myself, and I haven't watched any of it for quite some time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's why the other countries are happy. Moron racist backwoods bitter dimwits don't live in those countries.
Well, it's like I said before, one of the problems with America as a country is that Americans don't even like each other. Not just the said racists and bigots, but like Republicans and Democrats don't like each other, heterosexuals and homosexuals don't like each other, the religious and irreligious don't like each other, northerns and southerns don't like each other, east coasters and west coasters don't like each other... Americans and Americans don't like each other.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't think of anyone better to cast than Steve Carrell in the place of Maxwell Smart after Don Adams.
Agreed. Steve was a huge fan of Don's straight faced comedy routine in Get Smart. This was like a dream project for him. That said, we should all be very thankful they didn't make the other movie.

All I need to say is Jim Carrey as Maxwell Smart.

Looking how he tried way too hard to be Frank Gorshin in Batman Forever, I could only imagine his botched attempt at trying too hard to be Don Adams.

Well, it's like I said before, one of the problems with America as a country is that Americans don't even like each other. Not just the said racists and bigots, but like Republicans and Democrats don't like each other, heterosexuals and homosexuals don't like each other, the religious and irreligious don't like each other, northerns and southerns don't like each other, east coasters and west coasters don't like each other... Americans and Americans don't like each other.
That's basically an overstatement and a generalization. Extreme views hate other extreme views. The comments given on the internet are all because anonymity can hide you when you say something divisive and nasty on purpose. But there's a LOT of racism that loves to come out of anonymity disguised as bold statements. And a lot of it hides in the innocuous "P.C. has gone to far" debate that everyone usually agrees with. I LOVE Youtube comments that basically rationalize how a racist caricature from the 40's isn't at all racist and only the "hippy commie liberals and their white guilt find blackface offensive because we're so much more smarterer" and "why can't we have bucktoothed Pan-Asians in cartoons anymore because that sort of low brow humor appeals to a turd brain like me?" No. You're not bold innovators trying to share an epiphany... you're a bunch of KKK wannabes that are too cowardly to actually join up. And consider that racism is usually based on misplaced anger of displaced feelings of inferiority because someone's better off than you, that makes them complete freaking losers too.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It's 24 degrees and they don't have the heat on. Or if it is on, it's busted in my room. I haven't been able to figure that one out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to add to that rant.

Remember when it turned December and everyone was whining about how it was 50 degrees?

That doesn't sound so bad now, now does it?