When you need to rant...

Hubert

Reaction score
The reason I was basically reading Pirates reviews was because I just saw the movie for the first time the other night, and I don't really see much that would even be scary about it either. But that seems to be about everything that is filling the reviews, that my child thought it was scary or I thought it was too scary for my child or my child was...yada yada. One person mentioned the brief ghost encounter as a scary part for kids.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I saw one review of Dan Vs, saying no one under 21 should watch it, but the same person was praising...some other, older show. Maybe Pinky and the Brain...Whatever it was, it was a baffling double standard .

Drtooth

Reaction score
The reason I was basically reading Pirates reviews was because I just saw the movie for the first time the other night, and I don't really see much that would even be scary about it either. But that seems to be about everything that is filling the reviews, that my child thought it was scary or I thought it was too scary for my child or my child was...yada yada. One person mentioned the brief ghost encounter as a scary part for kids.
The only Aardman thing I've ever seen that was even slightly unnerving was "A Matter of Loaf and Death." You know, the cute and quirky Wallace and Grommit cartoon about the serial killer?

I saw one review of Dan Vs, saying no one under 21 should watch it, but the same person was praising...some other, older show. Maybe Pinky and the Brain...Whatever it was, it was a baffling double standard .
I gotta see Dan Vs. (I have a horrifying feeling it would be looking into a mirror, which is why I'm too scared to watch) But then again, about Pinky and the Brain... uh... didn't the first season intentionally have adult humor and situations because they were trying to see how it fared in prime time? And of course, let's not forget how one episode featured them making a clone based on both of their DNA, which ended with the usual stinger, but with the added line from Pinky... "Oh, not tonight! I have a head ache."

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I can direct you to a site to watch it online.

I think it's at 2 est on saturdays

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can direct you to a site to watch it online.

I know where to watch it. I actually almost did a couple minutes ago until I found the leaked new episode of the new Spider-Man cartoon.

But everything I hear about Dan Vs sounds like a horrible cartoon mirror of myself. I went through that with Welcome to the NHK, and it didn't go too well. I liked it, but it was like knives in my soul.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have to admit. I almost hate watching retroTV based channels for one thing.

The commercials are all for the Elderly. And they're extremely depressing. I keep hearing elderly people complain that they don't make programs for them and they don't market things to them and all this... there is a reason why. The commercials they have for old people speak out of both sides of their mouths, giving the the same message. "This is the best time of you're life and you have all this life to live yet. By the way, you're going to die soon, so think about life insurance that will cover your funeral costs." And the Funeral costs are usually brought up in completely unrealistic conversations in these things. Hey, some people under the age of 70 kinda like some old series too.

Seriously, I watch Get Smart and have it interrupted by these depressing commercials about elderly people talking happily about how great it is to be at the end of their lives. And also, that &^% Diabetus commercial with that old guy who has 2 facial expressions... condescending and "smiling" which is the same as condescending with his lips sucked into his mouth. That's not a smile. Gah, I wanna punch him in the face every time I see him. And that *(&&^ Consumer Cellular commercial with the Strawman young guy using technology. "HEH! All them whippersnappers what use the technologies are losers because they are using stuff that we would have gladly used if it was introduced in our time line, but it wasn't so we did other things that we desperately cling to and begrudge the younger generation for not being us."

And I used to complain about the "Awkward for the sake of being Awkward" commercials for 20 year olds that eat Burger King. At least they're not so freaking morbid and insulting.
But isn't it nice you can get the commercial-free DVD box sets? Usually the library has them.... for free.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think Drtooth is stubborn when it comes to getting season sets of TV shows.

And not all libraries have DVDs.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My library only has a limited selection. Like all baby einstein and shows like that :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When various different internet sources always insist on composing episode guides/lists, by order of air date, when a lot of shows weren't necessarily originally broadcasted in the order that they were originally meant to be shown in, as a lot of networks have a habit of first airing new episodes of a series out of order, for apparently no reason... that's something that dates allll the way back to I Love Lucy.

Wikipedia is always the worst offender, obviously.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But isn't it nice you can get the commercial-free DVD box sets? Usually the library has them.... for free.
I'm poor. I can't even get the things when they're on sale for 10 bucks. And people who promised they'd buy me them for Christmas actually didn't. Still, Get Smart is one of the only things they air I'd actually buy a box set of. I tend to like most of the shows they air, but I'm not going to buy a show I'd casually watch. Not to mention Batman's NEVER going to be released.