When Will Muppet*Vision Be Removed

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I could not find the original thread. The family and I just got back from the Home-School Y.E.S. days :wisdom: at Disney World about a month ago (Other home-schoolers, :search: it up!), and we had a blast! Today we have been invited to Disney Land for September Home-School days! Since it came with hoppers, I was wandering when Muppet*Vision and all the other rides will be removed. Thanks!

P.S. Even if you just know a kid who can skip school and willing to put up with one session if they don't crave enlightenment, the discounts are amazing! :shifty:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Muppet*Vision will only be removed when work on California Adventure starts. It will still be in Disneyworld.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
The new Toy Story Mania, which is just basically an overlay on the existing Paradise Pier is set to open this summer. The rest of the announced changes will be phased in over the next 5 years, so the answer to your question is... I don't know. But my wild guess is that Muppet*Vision will still be there in September.

:stick_out_tongue:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I was reading a MiceAge piece that said that Muppet*Vision would actually BE there for the foreseeable future! It's the Al Lutz piece on the rumoured changes to "it's a small world" from last week (Feb. 26).

Link is here.

The plan to turn MuppetVision 3D into a flexible digital theater facility, after the proposal to put Mickey's Philharmagic there proved far too troublesome, has been shelved for now. While it was a nifty concept that sounded especially good to animation geeks, the operational reality of having an empty theater sit there the majority of the time in between conferences and special performances has put the kibosh on the digitial theater plans.

For now MuppetVision will soldier on through the end of this decade, although now there is some talk of simply including that theater space into an entirely different concept for a new ride yet to be decided on.
Take note GelflingWaldo, stephenjlizard, and EVERYONE who was po'ed that MV is gone from DCA! It doesn't look to be the case now.

BJ

beaker

Reaction score
I have also personally heard from someone close to an Imagineer that MuppetVision is not going anywhere. So in Kermit arms flailing mode, *yayyyyyayayay*

I don't want to see MV3d taken out, I want to see the Muppets presence at California Adventure expanded upon!

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
And this is when we all get in to an argument about if Disney is doing anything with the Muppets. I think that they want to, but concern themselves with other things. I would love to see the mini Muppet park happen. I think it would fit right in at west Hxoxlxlxyxwxoxoxd Sxtxuxdxixoxs DCA. :big_grin:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I don't want to revive an ancient thread here, but that no-account Al Lutz has started making up anti-Muppet-Vision lies on MiceAge again! :mad:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, kinda knew the whispering rumors of replacing Muppet*Vision 3D with the Monsters, Inc. roller-coaster/Pixar expansion was a bunch of hooey.
At least it's been debunked, so let's return to our regular enjoyment of Muppets. :zany:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Heh, kinda knew the whispering rumors of replacing Muppet*Vision 3D with the Monsters, Inc. roller-coaster/Pixar expansion was a bunch of hooey.
At least it's been debunked, so let's return to our regular enjoyment of Muppets. :zany:
Good to know. Why not get rid of Playhouse Disney if they have to get rid of something? That can't be good since Bear was taken out.