When we got to see The Movie (identifying ourselves as Muppet Freaks)

dwmckim

Reaction score
When we go to see The Movie (identifying ourselves as Muppet Freaks)

Part of the excitement of the 2011 movie for many of us and certainly myself will not only be the film itself but the experience of seeing it in the theatre with others.

Unless something like work schedules and the like interfere, i'm sure almost all of us will see the very first showing of the film at the theatre nearest us...where all the other people attending that showing will also be people who want to see it right away and will in one way or another be pretty big fans more than the average moviegoer. (Especially if it's something like a midnight showing).

So in many ways, that debut showing will be like a mini localized MuppetFest where we can all actually see and possibly meet the local fans in our area.

I'm thinking it would be especially fun if the super hardcore base (i.e. us) came up with a special way to set us apart or make ourselves visible to others. I'm sure many of us will be wearing a Muppet T shirt of some sort - those of us who still have our Muppetcentral pins from MuppetFest may want to wear them...but they're hard to notice from a distance. I'm wondering if we may want to come up with a special shirt or something - like "Original Muppet Freak" with some beautiful picture on it. Of course we can all make our own whether it be via a local shop or just being artful with markers and the like.

Just something i thought i'd throw out - some little way we can be identified by others as not just Muppet fans, but Obsessed Muppet Fans, Muppet Freaks, the ones who have been Here From the Start and not overnight fans, the Fans with the Capital "F"'s.

...and of course, if anyone sees someone else with the same kind of idenifier, that would be really special - and even if not, we can be seen by others showing up that we're the ones who are the Biggies - the type of fan the film itself will probably be making several nods to - that people may want to chat with or reporters may want to get quotes from, etc. A way to help ensure that the night/day is one where we not only get to see this marvelous film we've waited ages for but also a way for us to get to meet other really great people and fans that are in our area!

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I was thinking we should do something like the Muppet valut when fans can all meet up for a midnight showing. Maybe the midwest could meet in Columbus where Steve Swanson lives and hook up there to see the movie together.

dwmckim

Reaction score
(psst...moderators - could someone please fix the typo in the thread title so "got" is changed to "go"?)

Puckrox

Reaction score
I was definitely thinking on this the other day. It would be so cool if all of us came up with a big group idea for the opening of the movie. Even though we wouldn't be all together, we'd all still be joined by something special. And I agree, something only the real Muppet fans would understand. :smile:

If said above idea doesn't happen, I'm going to buy/make a Gonzo shirt. I'm hoping by the time the movie comes out I'll own a Muppet plush/puppet, and that'll definitely be coming along with me to the premiere. And I am planning on going to the midnight premiere. I'm hoping to be first in line. :insatiable:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Oh my gosh. I don't own a muppet shirt. I have to get one before November 23rd. *runs out of house to go to target* :wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
L:flirt:VE the idea. I have a few thoughts:

1. I think pooling this idea with TP, The Mindset, and The MuppetCast could yield some good results, and I would be willing to design something that I would give full permission to be used on an individual user based royalty free distribution where people could download the graphic and either have it printed through Cafe Press or their local screen printers.

2. My whole family has been informed that we will all be attending the opening premiere on Thanksgiving. I've been thinking about documenting the time leading up to the experience with a vlog or something. Maybe we could make a mass fan video of similar experiences.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I've been thinking about documenting the time leading up to the experience with a vlog or something. Maybe we could make a mass fan video of similar experiences.
I like tis idea. Make one big mass video with clips spliced. I'd be in for this. :big_grin:

TSSD

Reaction score
If you guys want, I'd be glad to edit the video!:smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
L:flirt:VE the idea. I have a few thoughts:

1. I think pooling this idea with TP, The Mindset, and The MuppetCast could yield some good results, and I would be willing to design something that I would give full permission to be used on an individual user based royalty free distribution where people could download the graphic and either have it printed through Cafe Press or their local screen printers.
Vic, you're making my happy feet do the Donkey Dance of Joy!

I had been thinking of tweaking my original post into an article for Muppet Mindset and i had envisioned one of our many extraordinarily talented artists providing possible designs for shirts (maybe even several and people could choose their favorites)

I actually really like the shirts because not only would these come in handy for being identifiable as one of the Hardcore Fans at the theatre - but everyone can get continued use out of them since even just wearing them afterwards just as regular wear will still be fun when Muppet Hype is at a fever pitch.

(I also think shirts should have something on the front and back since it helps others find you when you're standing in lines (entry/concession stand) or all facing the same direction in the theatre.)

Pork

Reaction score
Oh! I love this t-shirt idea! I was going to just buy a muppet t-shirt off of the interwebs somewhere. But if there is some awesome fan ones to choose from then that would be fantastic!