When Kermit Met Piggy...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The comic book and storybook adaptions of The Muppets Take Manhattan both have seens where, after the play is over, Kermit asks Gonzo why he didn't play the minister and who that actor playing the minister was, and Gonzo says tells Kermit and Piggy that he wasn't an actor, he was a real minister. The comic book adaption also has an earlier scene where, when the Muppets are trying to get Kermit out of his amnesia, Gonzo said that he found somebody to help. Piggy asks if he found a dctor, and Gonzo says, "No, but I found a minister". So the minister thing wasn't Piggy's doing.

Then again, I now realise that Gonzo might have brought in the minister for different intentions (thinking he could cure Kermit, or some nonsensial reason) and Piggy could have asked him to be in the play.

Another thing to think of: If Kermit and Piggy are automatically married just because a real minister played their minister in a play and they acted like they would if they really did get married (though nobody handed them rings), would that automatically make them married? I've read that Frank Oz had a real minister play the real minister who played the minister in the play, so if Kermit and Piggy were married just because they acted in a ceremony that included a real minister, then were Frank Oz and Jim Henson married because they were performing the characters as it hapened? :eek: Probably not.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Frank Henson...interesting...

But no. No, no, I don't think that makes them married...nor do I think the fact that it was a real minister meant that Piggy and Kermit were really married. I think that they were married at a similar time, and their ceramony was somwhat recreated for the movie.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to have similar confusions about Kermit meeting Piggy in The Great Muppet Caper, but it was different. I used to only notice that Kermit first met Fozzie in The Muppet Movie, and didn't realise that he met everybody else in the movie, especially Miss Piggy. So when I first saw The Great Mupet Caper and saw Kermit introducing himself to Miss Piggy, and already knowing Fozzie and Gonzo, I was confused. It made me wonder which came first, making me confused as to how Kermit can first meet Fozzie while knowing Piggy (who he didn't know) and then first meet Piggy while knowing Fozzie. And at the time I didn't even think about how they could have first met as adults while they also all knew each other as babies.

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
I like the idea of Frank Henson Nelson, since Nelson did preform the first Miss Piggy appearance.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No I don't think Jim and Frank got married, hehe. Though, perhaps their hands did!

On the other hand, I don't care what anyone says, as far as I'm concerned, Piggy and Kermit got married in MTM. :smile: :mad:

PhsychoChimp

Reaction score
"Do you hand take this hand to be your lawfully wedded husHAND?"