When Cookie Monster ate my Rubber Duckie

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I am writing this new fan fiction in collaboration with my buddy ISNorden.

We were inspired by the thread in Classic Sesame Street about how somebody had a dream once about Cookie Monster eating Ernie's Rubber Duckie and we offered to work with each other on a story.

So here is the prologue written by me (Be warned. Some of you may well be shocked):eek: :big_grin:

It started out as any other day for me on Sesame Street. I had had breakfast with my old buddy Bert and decided to take my rubber duckie down to the park. Rubber duckie sniff he was my very best friend apart from good old Bert of course. I had no idea what would happen that day at the park.

I was sitting under my favourite shady tree squeezing my duckie and listening to him speak to me when Cookie Monster came along. "Hello Ernie," he said. "Me so hungry today. You got cookie for me?"
"No sorry Cookie Monster. I don't have any cookies with me." I replied to him as I set my duckie down beside me.
"Oh Ernie. Me dying of hunger. Me need cookie. You give me anything at all please."
I told him again that I didn't have any cookies or any other sort of food with me for that matter then to my horror he snatched up my poor rubber duckie and ate him up. I was devastated but he just didn't seem to care. He only wiped his mouth with his paws and said "Boy that was good. Me needed that. Bye now Ernie."

I cried my eyes out. Cookie had torn my world apart. I had lost my best friend and all I could think about was revenge.

(to be continued very, very soon...)

Me and my buddy will discuss the first chapter between us and then we will post it.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh this is...interesting, and cool! Ernie first person narrative, funny and good. Revenge of the Ernie? *shiver*

Barry Lee

Reaction score
This is cool Bill and ISOrden can't wait to see some more! :stick_out_tongue:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I anticipate that Chapter 1 will be posted soon my friends. Very soon

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And here it is: CHAPTER 1

Well I walked sadly out of the park and sat down in some corner of the alley where I could be by myself. I cried and cried for what seemed like hours. Then I heard a familiar voice behind me. "Hey Bub." I knew who it was. It was that shady character Lefty, who was always trying to sell me things. But I wasn't interested in whatever he had to offer today. So I just ignored him and kept on crying.

But when he realized I was crying he was a little taken aback and spoke rather tenderly to me. "Say, what's the matter with ya, Bub?"
Hearing him talk so unexpectedly comforting I cried out. "Something terrible happened to me!"
"Shhhhh!" said Lefty.
"Something terrible happened to me." I whispered back.
"What was it Bub?" asked he.
"Cookie Monster ate my rubber duckie!"
"Shhhh!"
"Cookie Monster ate my rubber duckie."
"He did, did he? That wasn't very nice."
"I'm so angry I want revenge!"
"Shhhhh!"
"I'm so angry I want revenge."
Lefty smiled. "Well tell you what I can do Bub. Since Cookie Monster destroyed something that meant so very much to you, I can arrange with my Boss to see that he gets something that means so much to him destroyed in return. What do ya say to that?"
Hearing what Lefty said sounded so good to me, however I cried out again. "But the only thing he really loves is cookies!" Again he shushed me and once again I whispered my words back.

Lefty went on to say that if cookies were what meant so much to him he would see that all his personal cookies were destroyed before he could eat them and from then on he would never enjoy eating cookies again. For just two nickels the first blow would be struck and for an additional two nickels each week they would continue to keep him from eating cookies. Before I knew it I had made the deal and handed over two nickels. Lefty pocketed them and said the contract would be fulfilled as soon as possible before running off.

I watched him disappear feeling a little guilty. This was the first time I had ever actually given him money for anything at all and it seemed wrong. Especially since it was going to hurt Cookie. But I quickly suppressed that feeling when I remembered what had happened to rubber duckie. He deserved it. It was justified in my sight.

(to be continued very, very soon)

Further comments are most welcome

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I like it! I think it's funny, especially if you look at it in a tongue and cheek kind of way. Besides, it's Sesame Street, I'm sure you guys will leave us with a nice moral ending. Even if you don't though, I still think it's cute and funny so please, write some more!