When a Muppet says...

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Anytime Kermit scrunches up his face is hilarious!

I also like it when he goes "Hubba Hubba Wha?!" and "What the hey?!"

I always loved the announcer for the Vet's hospital, and the PIGS IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEE!!!!!!

I also thought it was funny during that episode where Fozzie says "Now THAT'S a running gag" as the newsman runs to his desk.

Slackbot

Reaction score
And another Muppet Babies quote: Animal's "Whaaa?" I use that one in real life sometimes.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I find that when Uncle Deadly, Bobo or Miss Poogy speak, they can be saying almost anything and it sounds funny, like there should be a pause after what they say for laughter -- regardless of whether it is really very funny.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Two of my favorite little off-hand Muppet moments of all time is in the first episode of the Muppet Show, with Juliette Prowse.
Firstly, while Gonzo's tire-eating act gets boos, I loooove how Kermit says "Well, looks like it's another wipe-out for Gonzo..." It's funny and makes me laugh, but it's also touching because obviously Gonzo not being positively received by the audience has happened before, but Kermit keeps giving him chances to do his art.
Secondly, Juliette tells Kermit that she's never had to share a dressing room with a man who eats a tire, and Kermit replies "I told Gonzo to dress in the alley!" which cracks me up SO HARD. I just love that concept, and I love Kermit's matter-of-fact delivery of such an absurd line. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
SO many good examples...I too adore the way Gonzo always says "Cool!". You just KNOW he's contemplating something suicidally stupid at that moment.

Anytime the chickens sing. I've been playing Camilla's version of "Forget You" so often I can just about sing it WITH them. Ba-GAWK!

Newsie's occasional and ill-fated reality check: "That's the most RIDICULOUS thing I've ever --"

And, though it's not actually a phrase, that double-take Beaker always does whenever Bunsen makes some ludicrous statement about the day's experiment. Classic!
---------------

basicallygood

Reaction score
I always love hearing Grover say, "This looks like a job for SUPE--er Grover!!" Or whenever a reference to Hare Krishna is made in The Muppet Movie. (Bernie the Agent: Can you help me? I seem to have lost my sense of direction. Kermit: Have you tried Hare Krishna?)

Beauregard

Reaction score
I wonder if it has something to do with the emphasis being placed on the 'wrong' word in a sentence, "You want to GIVE us the MONEY?" (Sweetums), "I can't seem to wipe THIS smile off my face," (Uncle Deadly), "SUP-er Grover!" (Super Grover).

Because these sentences are just normal things to say, but hilarious when said with the timing and emphasis given by the Muppet gang.

Walter

Reaction score
Wow..where to start.. Here are the lines that never fail to put a smile on my face:smile::

Walter:
"You're my hero kermit...You're on my watch"
(The entirety of "Life's a Happy Song")
pretty much everything he says when convincing piggy and Gonzo to come back..
As well as everything he says during the Muppet Pipes segment on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.

Uncle Deadly:
"I am a MUPPET, not a MOOPET!"
"How charming, a finale!"
Everytime he does that open mouthed cackle thing with his hands..:scary:

Kermit:
I smile whenever Kermit is present..Just last month he was on a poster in the Atlanta airport and I just broke out in a huge grin..That's the power of the Frog:smile:
"I think kids are smarter than that"
The entirety of Rainbow connection..and I was getting very misty eyed when that final drum beat played and every Muppet was singing..Aw, who am I kidding, My eyes get watery whenever I play the song on the soundtrack!

Piggy:
Piggy just makes me smile, whenever she says something it just comes out so funny, she puts up a tough front, but we all know she is a very kind pig..:mad:

Gonzo:
whenever Gonzo says anything weird I smile and laugh..so that's pretty much his entire vocabulary..:concern:

Fozzie:
His jokes are pretty dry, but I always smile and laugh at each one of them.. It's just the fact that he tries so hard to make us happy, he doesn't have to be good at it, but it's the thought that counts:embarrassed: