What's your favorite Muppet parodies?

beaker

Reaction score
One of the coolest things about the Muppets is the parodies, and famous painting parodies. I first noticed these when I was little looking through Muppet magazine(Dont I wish they still had this!)
and Muppet Babies. It flourished with trading cards, shirts, cds, and calendars. So what's your favorites? Mine definately has to be the Zoot of the Desert one. Man I wish I had a full sized frameable one of that! I also like the American Gothic parody, and my favorite media parodies are: Frogfeld, Mission Improbable, Men In Plaid, and the new Resevoir Frogs shirt(which I so have to get) I did some really neat Muppet film parody posters recently. Besides 'The Meeptrix', I also recently made 'Felt Club', and 'Being Sal Manilla'. Funny stuff!(I'll have to scan those up soon)

///beaker///
*who hopes to see some new Muppet film parodies this year!*

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory

Hey,
i have to say that i am tottaly sick of the Muppet Parodies, And get this i even DIDNT buy some stuff in the 90's because it was just another repetition of the parodies.

However, i have stood next to and touched the original big sized Zoot in the Desert pic !
It is really big !

See ya

Tera

Reaction score
I love them all, for the most part. I think parodies are a great form of humor, and I like the Muppet ones specifically because the Muppets are so much more than that. They can carry it off without making you feel like that's all they are.
My favorites are the series of posters you discuss. As an art geek, its the Birth of You Know Who (aka Pork on the Halfshell). I'm also partial to the Miss P as Jane Fonda in legwarmers.
Where are you getting the Reservoir Frogs, ect. shirts from? I must have them!
let me know please.
Tera

Nadine

Reaction score
My favorite would have to be Fozzie in "Jester at the Court of Henry VII"... I am also an art geek, and I love seeing Fozzie in the Henry VIII garb; the Latin in the background is also a nice touch. I also like the Vermeer parody and "Green Boy".

I actually have a bunch of the art parodies displayed in my dorm room; I cut them out of an old calendar.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought you ment ACTUAL SHOW PARODIES. I have the Tee shirt of Frogfeld somewhere, and that'd be it. But for show parodies, I love the Muppet Babies take on the Jetsons. Especially when Kermit (as George) gets crushed in the car when the breif case function deployed too early!

Joggy

Reaction score
I just can't help loving the Kermitage Collection. I don't know about the Parodies, they got a bit boring...

Not meaning the photographs, but on some versions of Muppets Tonight they did Great episodes of The Real World Muppets!! The best scenes ever!

beaker

Reaction score
tera:

The Resevoir Frogs shirt is on emerchandise.com
Since Spencers wont be getting this and since I have no credit card I'll have to wait for it to show up on ebay, heh.

Yeah, I LOVE the art series...I remember first seeing them on Muppet Babies, then later in card and calendar form.

///beaker///

Drtooth

Reaction score
I once wrote a comic book (I make comics for myself) Parody of Patch Adams called "Bats Adams" starring Fozzie as the doc. The ending has him coming home to his Family and brooding about how he kept losing patients, when his family says that it would be an honor to have him for their Doctor. It was Gomez, Morticia, and Uncle Fester. Why else do you think his last name is Adams?

Muppedork

Reaction score
Warrick-
Where did you see the Zoot in the Desert painting? And are any other of the Kermitage paintings displayed?

Scouttrooper

Reaction score
When shopping a few years ago, I came across a cheap CD-Rom for a Muppet Calendar Maker, complete with loads of Muppet pictures, including parodies.